Power Book II: GHOST Season 4 Thread (The FINAL Season Is Two Parts & Debuts On STARZ June 7th & September 6th)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand why Starz is cancelling all the power shows, what else is left to watch on there?

I was waiting to watch the last season of Hightown and they just straight took the entire thing off the platform :dahell:
Ehh, still got most of them left. Riq the only one that's cancelled.
Riq power - cancelled for real.
Tommy power - Cancelled, but Tommy posted that it is only the chicago story that is over. That tells me they gonna make a new series with him in probably Cali.
Raising Kanan - Shooting S4 now, and they already announced that they renewed for S5.

Still up in the air - 50 announced a power origins series focused on young tommy/ghost. Still gotta see what network lands that, but probably Starz.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ehh, still got most of them left. Riq the only one that's cancelled.
Riq power - cancelled for real.
Tommy power - Cancelled, but Tommy posted that it is only the chicago story that is over. That tells me they gonna make a new series with him in probably Cali.
Raising Kanan - Shooting S4 now, and they already announced that they renewed for S5.

Still up in the air - 50 announced a power origins series focused on young tommy/ghost. Still gotta see what network lands that, but probably Starz.

Are they keeping BMF?

BMF and Force to me are the weak links

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t understand why Starz is cancelling all the power shows, what else is left to watch on there?

I was waiting to watch the last season of Hightown and they just straight took the entire thing off the platform :dahell:
because of the strike, actors wanted more money. sohh they canceled shows and starting new ones with cheaper operating costs.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THEYRE JUST GONNA MAKE
MORE SPIN OFFS AT A CHEAPER RATE

:devil:
:evil:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
When he said:

“My dad did ALOT of dumb shyt that I never agree with but…I got a lot of him in me..”

I literally looked at the screen like :gucci:

Maybe cause I’ve been re-watching OG “Power” and I’ve been seeing how much Tariq really hated Ghost, that him saying that just seemed so out of character for him.

As you said, you can tell the production didn’t know that this season would be the last so they had to rush shyt. This didn’t even feel like a mid season finale.

It’s interesting how we haven’t seen Tate, Effie been MIA since the first episode, and also yall noticed how Blanca hasn’t shown back up since that tease of her at the end of season 2?

Hell she hasn’t even shown up on “Force” since they teased her in season 1.

I felt cheated with Tariq’s acid trip. For a split second I legit thought James was gonna show up as his subconscious. But he didn’t…

They showed that scene with Tariq in the suit in the trailer and lowkey felt cheated..

Whatever the case…the next 5 episodes better be worth it..

Tariq realizing he's like Ghost and he has to embrace him in order to make it to the top didn't make sense to me, either, but for a different reason. For all of season six, they were drilling it into our heads that Tariq and Ghost are the same. One of the last things Tariq says before he kills Ghost is "I'm you, Dad!" They brought up the Breeze murder to draw a parallel since Tariq believed Ghost was just like Breeze, a guy standing in the way of his future. The spinoff literally has Ghost's name in it because Tariq is learning how to take Ghost's place.

Then Book II starts and Tariq says a million times that he's nothing like Ghost. He's bigger than him, stronger than him, faster than him, more handsome than him, stacks more paper to the ceiling than him. I figured Tariq was lying to everyone and manipulating himself into thinking he's not like Ghost. That way, he wouldn't have to deal with the reality that he killed him. But no, it was just bad writing the whole time. Tariq legitimately thought he was nothing like Ghost until now.

I swear to you, I don't think this show was supposed to last this long. Season one was an experiment that worked against all odds and they managed to make Tariq a main character worth rooting for. He literally says "Ghosts never die" at the end of episode ten, indicating that he has Ghost in him and he wants to be worthy of the name. Then the show was renewed for season two and they had to undo everything from season one to make the plot last longer. That's when they started having him say really stupid shyt like "Tasha was the brains of the operation." You can't have this show last four or five seasons and Tariq embraces Ghost too early.

It's like on American Dad when Stan said "Lying is wrong. I would know that if I paid attention to everything that's ever happened to me!" Tariq is learning a lesson he already learned five years ago. He just forgot about it because the writers undid his development.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Tariq realizing he's like Ghost and he has to embrace him in order to make it to the top didn't make sense to me, either, but for a different reason. For all of season six, they were drilling it into our heads that Tariq and Ghost are the same. One of the last things Tariq says before he kills Ghost is "I'm you, Dad!" They brought up the Breeze murder to draw a parallel since Tariq believed Ghost was just like Breeze, a guy standing in the way of his future. The spinoff literally has Ghost's name in it because Tariq is learning how to take Ghost's place.

Then Book II starts and Tariq says a million times that he's nothing like Ghost. He's bigger than him, stronger than him, faster than him, more handsome than him, stacks more paper to the ceiling than him. I figured Tariq was lying to everyone and manipulating himself into thinking he's not like Ghost. That way, he wouldn't have to deal with the reality that he killed him. But no, it was just bad writing the whole time. Tariq legitimately thought he was nothing like Ghost until now.

I swear to you, I don't think this show was supposed to last this long. Season one was an experiment that worked against all odds and they managed to make Tariq a main character worth rooting for. He literally says "Ghosts never die" at the end of episode ten, indicating that he has Ghost in him and he wants to be worthy of the name. Then the show was renewed for season two and they had to undo everything from season one to make the plot last longer. That's when they started having him say really stupid shyt like "Tasha was the brains of the operation." You can't have this show last four or five seasons and Tariq embraces Ghost too early.

It's like on American Dad when Stan said "Lying is wrong. I would know that if I paid attention to everything that's ever happened to me!" Tariq is learning a lesson he already learned five years ago. He just forgot about it because the writers undid his development.
They should have never wrote Tariq as they did in the latter OG seasons of Power nor had him be the one to kill Ghost as everything about this spinoff as proved Ghost right even if that wasn't the writers intentions.

I've never seen a show write themselves into a bind as much as this one has.

I see why Omari has as much heat and criticism for Kemp as he does with the way that all of this has played out.

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
They should have never wrote Tariq as they did in the latter OG seasons of Power nor had him be the one to kill Ghost as everything about this spinoff as proved Ghost right even if that wasn't the writers intentions.

I've never seen a show write themselves into a bind as much as this one has.

I see why Omari has as much heat and criticism for Kemp as he does with the way that all of this has played out.

I've noticed fans have started to turn against Omari and think he complains too much, but his criticism makes sense. OG Power shifted direction in the last two or three seasons and Ghost wasn't the same character he used to be. Then Book II goes out of its way to make him look like the Antichrist when we have several years of proof that he wasn't.

Maybe I'm just speculating, but I've seen a lot of unknown writers/directors in the credits this season. I don’t think these people really understand the show or its world, which is why season four feels so weird (Noma becoming a sex addict, characters like Effie having no screen time, characters like Zion and Detective Carter having all the screen time, storylines being thrown out after five minutes).

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

According to Courtney Kemp. She said on an IG stream when she was still the show runner that she had a complete outline for the entire series of “Ghost” if it went 5 seasons.

The new show runner now still has that outline…and like I’ve stated before, I don’t think the crew knew this would be the final season.

Like I said before, i have a feeling Tariq, Braydon, and Tommy are gonna work together in the new series.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
According to Courtney Kemp. She said on an IG stream when she was still the show runner that she had a complete outline for the entire series of “Ghost” if it went 5 seasons.

The new show runner now still has that outline…and like I’ve stated before, I don’t think the crew knew this would be the final season.

Like I said before, i have a feeling Tariq, Braydon, and Tommy are gonna work together in the new series.
Even with that outline, I highly doubt they knew that they’d get Ealy and how much he would completely pivot storylines this season, so I’m willing to give the writers a bit of slack for that.

Ealy was always going to end up taking precedent over Noma when it came to storyline wise.

I do wonder though how things would have played out had Laz Alonzo been able to stay on the show and Red didn’t end up getting replaced like he did which obviously changed up Davis storyline as well.