Power Book II: GHOST Season 4 Thread (The FINAL Season Is Two Parts & Debuts On STARZ June 7th & September 6th)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
So Power comes back this week, wanna get some thoughts from the Coli's Power fam on some discussion I've been seeing around. What I'm gonna post below isn't a spoiler just a theory/theories, I'm gonna put a spoiler tag on it anyway because I'll just be cautious. I don't know of anything specific that's gonna happen this season and I try to actively avoid spoilers myself but still click at your own risk.

Soooooo how do we feel about Ghost potentially coming back brehs? :patrice:

Apparently there's talk going around on the internet Ghost might be coming back at the end of this season and that he faked his death. Mainly from the Power theory people on Youtube. I'll say I'm conflicted because on one hand Ghost is one of my favorite characters in tv history, and the GOAT Omari Hardwick has portrayed the character perfectly since day 1. However, on the other hand I've never been a "Ghost is still alive" type of guy considering it didn't/doesn't make storyline sense for him to fake his death. He was pretty excited about the potential of becoming Lt. Governor so why would he all of a sudden fake his death? Even Kemp, (I know she isn't really involved like that anymore) said she felt as if there was no more story left for her to tell on Ghost when season 6 of OG Power ended which is why I never bought the whole he's still alive thing. And the way she wrote/assassinated his character in those last few season 6 episodes basically confirmed that for me.

Why would Ghost who saw the ability to leave the street life behind ALTOGETHER once and for all by getting involved in politics, all of a sudden fake his death? He told anybody who would listen in those last few season 6 episodes how he was leaving them behind and all his background checks cleared. That is not consistent with his character at all since he's wanted to go legit since day 1 of the series. If anything by faking his death he'd have to start all over again trying to become completely legit. Yet I got to thinking and seeing people talk about how Starz never gave him an RIP post on their social media pages like they've done for other characters, we never saw a body, even at his funeral it was closed casket. And then there's this weird scene in season 6 episode 10 where he looks at an ambulance drive past him, then we see an ambulance drive past Tariq when he left Truth. They left it pretty much up to the audience instead of giving us a definitive answer on whether he was actually dead.

People have also mentioned how Starz cancelled a few shows within the last year theorizing they're coming with the bread to give Omari the compensation he wants to come back. Also there is the Power: Origins spinoff coming after Raising Kanan focusing on young Ghost and Tommy, would Starz really bring Omari back just to do voiceovers? Which brings up another theory that there's another spinoff to come after Ghost ends this season.

Anyway I wrote a whole bunch of shyt, I can't sleep and this shyt was on my mind, wanted to see what brehs thoughts are before this season starts. Let me know.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
So Power comes back this week, wanna get some thoughts from the Coli's Power fam on some discussion I've been seeing around. What I'm gonna post below isn't a spoiler just a theory/theories, I'm gonna put a spoiler tag on it anyway because I'll just be cautious. I don't know of anything specific that's gonna happen this season and I try to actively avoid spoilers myself but still click at your own risk.

Apparently there's talk going around on the internet Ghost might be coming back at the end of this season and that he faked his death. Mainly from the Power theory people on Youtube. I'll say I'm conflicted because on one hand Ghost is one of my favorite characters in tv history, and the GOAT Omari Hardwick has portrayed the character perfectly since day 1. However, on the other hand I've never been a "Ghost is still alive" type of guy considering it didn't/doesn't make storyline sense for him to fake his death. He was pretty excited about the potential of becoming Lt. Governor so why would he all of a sudden fake his death? Even Kemp, (I know she isn't really involved like that anymore) said she felt as if there was no more story left for her to tell on Ghost when season 6 of OG Power ended which is why I never bought the whole he's still alive thing. And the way she wrote/assassinated his character in those last few season 6 episodes basically confirmed that for me.

Why would Ghost who saw the ability to leave the street life behind ALTOGETHER once and for all by getting involved in politics, all of a sudden fake his death? He told anybody who would listen in those last few season 6 episodes how he was leaving them behind and all his background checks cleared. That is not consistent with his character at all since he's wanted to go legit since day 1 of the series. If anything by faking his death he'd have to start all over again trying to become completely legit. Yet I got to thinking and seeing people talk about how Starz never gave him an RIP post on their social media pages like they've done for other characters, we never saw a body, even at his funeral it was closed casket. And then there's this weird scene in season 6 episode 10 where he looks at an ambulance drive past him, then we see an ambulance drive past Tariq when he left Truth. They left it pretty much up to the audience instead of giving us a definitive answer on whether he was actually dead.

People have also mentioned how Starz cancelled a few shows within the last year theorizing they're coming with the bread to give Omari the compensation he wants to come back. Also there is the Power: Origins spinoff coming after Raising Kanan focusing on young Ghost and Tommy, would Starz really bring Omari back just to do voiceovers? Which brings up another theory that there's another spinoff to come after Ghost ends this season.

Anyway I wrote a whole bunch of shyt, I can't sleep and this shyt was on my mind, wanted to see what brehs thoughts are before this season starts. Let me know.
if they would kill off Joey Badass then bring him back in the very same season after a conversation then I certainly wouldn't put it past them to bring back Omari :manny: you're absolutely right that it wouldn't make sense story-wise, but I kinda don't care and just wanna see the fukkery :mjgrin:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Lol you really aint need to spoiler that breh