Power Book II: GHOST Season 4 Thread (The FINAL Season Is Two Parts & Debuts On STARZ June 7th & September 6th)

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finally finished going through the thread, glad I ain't the only one that sees how ridiculous they made this show :laff: :laff:

What happened with the writing? Even the first two seasons of this was good. They turned this and BMF into some goofy hood soap opera.

They really ruined the legacy of OG Power with this low quality writing. Poor character development. Everybody fukking each other, even Noma went from a boss to damn pass around between a Cane and Method man :heh:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I finally watched the episode. Even if they didn't know it would be the last season, it definitely feels like they wrote this with the plan to reset the show. Season five would have been season three with extra steps.

They didn't even try with Effie. At all. No deeper explanation to anything she did. In one scene, she tells Tariq that she's not helping him and she's going to look out for herself (like the past five years didn't prove that). Then in the literal next scene she's in, she gives Cane her Stanford money because she felt sorry for him. I guess he really was broke because at no point did he mention anything about having money. Then she decides to go back to work for Tariq because she surrendered her hopes and dreams for a drug dealer she'll probably never see again.

Diana is arguably the worst character now. I don't know how she managed that, but she went from being boring to despicable. She went against the plan, killed a civilian that had nothing to do with the game, and thought about rebuilding the business. Now, she's going to take Monet's place? She's a reckless, impulsive dumbass who can't take orders. Cane and Dru are monsters, but they have the ability to think. Diana is a monster who eats paste. fukk her.

Why was Tasha even in this episode? When did Tariq get the power to send her and Yas away? He's not even supposed to know where they are now. What happened to Big Mama? What happened to Tamika?

They rushed the last ten minutes, by the way. Felt like a completely different episode. Even as a season finale, it's disappointing. As a series finale, it's tragic. This show seriously threw away all its goodwill in ten episodes. Sad.

Well, time to put all my energy into Raising Kanan.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I finally watched the episode. Even if they didn't know it would be the last season, it definitely feels like they wrote this with the plan to reset the show. Season five would have been season three with extra steps.

They didn't even try with Effie. At all. No deeper explanation to anything she did. In one scene, she tells Tariq that she's not helping him and she's going to look out for herself (like the past five years didn't prove that). Then in the literal next scene she's in, she gives Cane her Stanford money because she felt sorry for him. I guess he really was broke because at no point did he mention anything about having money. Then she decides to go back to work for Tariq because she surrendered her hopes and dreams for a drug dealer she'll probably never see again.

Diana is arguably the worst character now. I don't know how she managed that, but she went from being boring to despicable. She went against the plan, killed a civilian that had nothing to do with the game, and thought about rebuilding the business. Now, she's going to take Monet's place? She's a reckless, impulsive dumbass who can't take orders. Cane and Dru are monsters, but they have the ability to think. Diana is a monster who eats paste. fukk her.

Why was Tasha even in this episode? When did Tariq get the power to send her and Yas away? He's not even supposed to know where they are now. What happened to Big Mama? What happened to Tamika?

They rushed the last ten minutes, by the way. Felt like a completely different episode. Even as a season finale, it's disappointing. As a series finale, it's tragic. This show seriously threw away all its goodwill in ten episodes. Sad.

Well, time to put all my energy into Raising Kanan.
After thinking and doing some research, those one can kind of be explained. From what I read, you can leave witness protection at any point and time. It does explain why they were threatening Tasha in getting kicked out of it and one point and time and I would assume that big mama already dipped out.

With that being said, it brings up a whole new set of questions that they never really fully explained :mjlol:

It furthers my theory more and more that they found out during the filming of the season that this was the final one and would explain why a lot of those storylines didn't get followed up with Tasha being kicked out of witsec being one of them.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
After thinking and doing some research, those one can kind of be explained. From what I read, you can leave witness protection at any point and time. It does explain why they were threatening Tasha in getting kicked out of it and one point and time and I would assume that big mama already dipped out.

With that being said, it brings up a whole new set of questions that they never really fully explained :mjlol:

It furthers my theory more and more that they found out during the filming of the season that this was the final one and would explain why a lot of those storylines didn't get followed up with Tasha being kicked out of witsec being one of them.

Yeah, somebody's lying here. They definitely had an idea that season four might be the last one and decided to just put as much material as they could in the finale. Jenny and Blanca were gone all season, and they just pop up in the last ten minutes, magically revealed to have continued investigating Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids? They could have worked with Carter.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah, somebody's lying here. They definitely had an idea that season four might be the last one and decided to just put as much material as they could in the finale. Jenny and Blanca were gone all season, and they just pop up in the last ten minutes, magically revealed to have continued investigating Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids? They could have worked with Carter.
The first nine episode synopsis had leaked out months ago the season started airing and all matched what ended up happened The series finale just so happened to have a generic ass synopsis compared to previous seasons, they definitely knew beforehand it wasn't a surprise.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I have a theory. You guys think they started writing the Tejadas like the Lyons?

Monet = Lucious
Cane = Andre
Dru = Jamal
Diana = Hakeem with a little Jamal

I would buy it. No Cookie, but still.