POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I was just thinking, if Trump dropped out of the race for any reason, would anything change?

Would his supporters even stop voting for him?

They won’t vote at all unless he’s on the ballot

The majority (or at least a plurality of them) would vote for DeSantis.

Meatball's problem is not that Republicans don't like him, they just like Trump better. If I remember correctly, he is the 2nd choice of most Trump voters.

Moderate and independent leaning voters are the ones flocking to Haley, that's part of why she's doing so well in New Hampshire. Even without Trump, she has no chance of winning this primary or even the next election cycle (not while the base is MAGA).

DeSantis may have royally flamed out this time, but I wouldn't rule him out for 28. He is their most likely choice without Trump on the ballot.

Daps
The majority (or at least a plurality of them) would vote for DeSantis.

Meatball's problem is not that Republicans don't like him, they just like Trump better. If I remember correctly, he is the 2nd choice of most Trump voters.

Moderate and independent leaning voters are the ones flocking to Haley, that's part of why she's doing so well in New Hampshire. Even without Trump, she has no chance of winning this primary or even the next election cycle (not while the base is MAGA).

DeSantis may have royally flamed out this time, but I wouldn't rule him out for 28. He is their most likely choice without Trump on the ballot.

I think DeSantis is done after his term is up. He’s not taking down Scott or Rubio, so he can’t go hang out in the Senate. He doesn’t have the personality to regularly hang out on TV to keep his name out there till 2028.

And given his flameout, people will probably be far less likely to deal with his bullshyt this time around.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I think DeSantis is done after his term is up. He’s not taking down Scott or Rubio, so he can’t go hang out in the Senate. He doesn’t have the personality to regularly hang out on TV to keep his name out there till 2028.

And given his flameout, people will probably be far less likely to deal with his bullshyt this time around.

He would destroy both Scott and Rubio in a primary. Neither of them have the cult leader status or charisma of Trump.

Trump's presence in this primary is making people underrate how much Republican voters like DeSantis, his favorability numbers among them are rock solid.

Again, Republican voters REALLY like this guy, they just happen to have a cult leader that they like better.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
He would destroy both Scott and Rubio in a primary. Neither of them have the cult leader status or charisma of Trump.

Trump's presence in this primary is making people underrate how much Republican voters like DeSantis, his favorability numbers among them are rock solid.

Again, Republican voters REALLY like this guy, they just happen to have a cult leader that they like better.

Disagree; Republicans tried to network with Ron when he was in D.C., but Ron didn't try to be friends. He is just considered a friend that can do stuff, but if he tries for a Senate seat he will get the flutes unleashed because he has made a ton of enemies; out of Florida and in Florida now.

Daps
New Hampshire is weird. Remember, they got John McCain in position to be the GOP nominee in 2008 when he seemed like he might be cooked. McCain even put all his focus into buying a bus and driving around the state talking to people because he knew it could launch him.

Haley should park herself in that state and talk to as many voters as possible. She's got more than a puncher's chance of winning it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What immediately jumps out to me is that for all of the talk about it being a historic win, there could be a decent argument for this being equally a result of Trump's dominance, and a smaller field filled with less comparably credible candidates.
its not historic, because the iowa caucus is usually 15 people on equal footing. not a fukking former, almost incumbent president :mjlol: 50 percent is BAD. not good

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Some good points but I disagree on a few. There's no reason for DeSantis to drop out when he bombs in NH. Nothing about his character suggests he has the decency to admit defeat that early. He's gonna keep going, and keep attacking Haley. I think he sticks in at least until Super Tuesday.

The other thing I disagree about...there's zero chance Haley beats Trump 1 on 1. If there is anything Trump is built for, it's denigrating women. He's a master at it, and people respond to it very approvingly. He'd clown the fukk out of her.