POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Rhakim said that?

With respect to what you said about me, a lot of you guys really just have a problem with any disagreement, which you then conflate as "gaslighting." There's a library's worth of research discussing this so I don't take offense. But it's hilarious to see you claim I'm fear mongering when 4 years ago the idea of DeSantis running for president was a joke, but here we are...trump has one foot in federal prison....you think Chris Christie is going to be the nominee?
Trump won't be in prison by November 2024 imo and republican voters unite behind him. Hes the nominee for the gop

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Fatal Mistake, and why DeSantis, prior to "Pudding Fingers", was never going to win against Trump... they are acting like Politicians.

Trump's Fanbase looks for 'Outsiders from DC', they are so sensitive to political maneuvering they will label anyone doing so a RINO.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fatal Mistake, and why DeSantis, prior to "Pudding Fingers", was never going to win against Trump... they are acting like Politicians.

Trump's Fanbase looks for 'Outsiders from DC', they are so sensitive to political maneuvering they will label anyone doing so a RINO.

What percentage of registered GOP voters do you think are trump dead enders?

Daps
Trump won't be in prison by November 2024 imo and republican voters unite behind him. Hes the nominee for the gop
It also doesn't matter if Trump is in prison. He's captured more than enough of the GOP primary crowd, who love criminality and for whom criminality is a part of their culture.

Trump is right in the "can't lose a primary, can't win a GE" zone that a bunch of the Senate candidates he supported found themselves in.

Daps
It's pretty obvious that a lot of them are. Every poll we've seen since the indictment has Trump picking up support.

It doesn't help that DeSantis doesn't exactly have overwhelming favorability - he's well underwater, even below Biden's favorability, according to Quinnipiac: https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us06142023_umbq12.pdf

Biden's 42/54, which sounds bad until you see that DeSantis is 33/48. His anti-woke crusade is a general election LOSER, and his inability to out-Trump Trump is a primary LOSER. He is a LOSER in general except for in FL, which is a state full of white trash, so he'd damned well better win there with an (R) next to his name.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Taking a look at the Breakdown from 2020...
  • I would say Men are more inclined to be for Trump; Women would tend to favor DeSantis or someone else, especially if they are in a Light Red-Purple State; they think DeSantis could be swayed on Abortion because they really don't like Trump.
  • I would say Whites, Blacks, Hispanics (except for maybe Cubans in Florida) would be for Trump over DeSantis.
  • Age Breakdown is up in the air; it depends on what the Right thinks.
    • Do they view BLM & LGBT as the Problem with America; then it's DeSantis.
    • Do they view America itself on the decline, and near extinction; then it's Trump.
  • I would tend to think Seniors would under that scope tend to focus on Trump, where with Middle Age men, they would distance themselves from Trump and lean towards DeSantis.
It's a tossup, I tend to think the more DeSantis talks, the more people fall back to Trump. Right now I would say 40%, but its a very... very loose 40 that is slowly rising with each DeSantis fukk up because DeSantis is just not impressing people and just becoming "New Model, Same Politician" that the MAGA base lothes.
  • Trump is dominating the headlines right now and is treated as the front runner.
  • DeSantis has been seen doing 3 things; Traveling the US, attacking Disney, and Woke. DeSantis is seen as the better option, but also seen as Wet Cement. He's new, he's exciting, he's fresh to the scene... but he hasn't solidified yet, and too a base that is SO easy to turn on you, DeSantis has to play everything perfect... and right now he is fukking up.

LabelDemographicGroupBidenTrump
SEXMen
48​
45​
53​
Women
52​
57​
42​
RACEWhite
67​
41​
58​
African-American
13​
87​
12​
Hispanic
13​
65​
32​
Asian
4​
61​
34​
Other
4​
55​
41​
AGE18-29
17​
60​
36​
30-44
23​
52​
46​
45-64
36​
49​
50​
65 & over
16​
45​
52​

Daps
Do you guys think Trump has gained voters since he lost the last general election?

:heh:
No, he's lost voters, but those lost voters are largely swing voters, I'd argue.

He's beginning to look like he's solidified most of his hardcore GOP vote. Even if you don't look at the numbers, look at what other GOP officials do - most of them bent the knee to him yet again after his second indictment outside of like, Romney and Christie. They know that they can't attack Trump without self-immolating with the GOP base.

Imagine if Biden got indicted for stealing classified documents and had them out next to his Corvette in the garage. Anyone primarying him would be roasting him, and I'm not just talking the kooks like Marianne Williamson or RFK Jr.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No, he's lost voters, but those lost voters are largely swing voters, I'd argue.

He's beginning to look like he's solidified most of his hardcore GOP vote. Even if you don't look at the numbers, look at what other GOP officials do - most of them bent the knee to him yet again after his second indictment outside of like, Romney and Christie. They know that they can't attack Trump without self-immolating with the GOP base.

Imagine if Biden got indicted for stealing classified documents and had them out next to his Corvette in the garage. Anyone primarying him would be roasting him, and I'm not just talking the kooks like Marianne Williamson or RFK Jr.

Sure, I bet he has. Trump isn't very easy to relate to and the outcome of his civil case and getting indicted in both state and federal courts would give many people pause I reckon.

Do you think a few and potentially several Trump/GOP voters will have passed away since Trump was first elected and the next general election?

I wonder if there's a demographic change happening in this country that we aren't fully appreciating

People on the left and center operate on completely different set of principles evidently(thankfully)

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
k the more DeSantis talks, the more people fall back to Trump. Right now I would say 40%, but its a very... very loose 40 that is slowly rising with each DeSantis fukk up because DeSantis is just not impressing people and just becoming "New Model, Same Politician" that the MAGA base lothes.
  • Trump is dominating the headlines right now and is treated as the front runner.
  • DeSantis has been seen doing 3 things; Traveling the US, attacking Disney, and Woke. DeSantis is seen as the better option, but also seen as Wet Cement. He's new, he's exciting, he's fresh to the scene... but he hasn't solidified yet, and too a base that is SO easy to turn on you, DeSantis has to play everything perfect... and right now he is fukking up.

My bad I should've been more clear. I mean for the upcoming primaries, I wonder what percentage of trump supporters are unwilling to even consider a 2nd candidate. A recent poll said 28% but honestly I just don't have much confidence in any of them this early.

2024-gop-nom-considering-only-trump-vs-others.png

Daps
Sure, I bet he has. Trump isn't very easy to relate to and the outcome of his civil case and getting indicted in both state and federal courts would give many people pause I reckon.

Do you think a few and potentially several Trump/GOP voters will have passed away since Trump was first elected and the next general election?

I wonder if there's a demographic change happening in this country that we aren't fully appreciating

People on the left and center operate on completely different set of principles evidently(thankfully)

What demographic change do you see happening that is going to open a lane for DeSantis et al., specifically? Not trying to get at you, just curious about the ultimate point you're making here w/r/t demographics.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What demographic change do you see happening that is going to open a lane for DeSantis et al., specifically? Not trying to get at you, just curious about the ultimate point you're making here w/r/t demographics.

It don't think it will make a difference for DeSantis but it could for Biden