*posts up for dan lebatard radio show*

TGainz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hate it had to be Dan catching all this heat over his Magic take. Especially when fukkers like will cain and michelle beadle pop off :mjpls: shyt all the time.

I can see how people defend Magic since he's a brother that got a break that mostly only cacs get and don't want his shine taken away. Also Magic is one of those people imo that everyone will unload the clip for if anyone is remotely critical of. I've also seen Beyoncé as an example get that type of defense.

Some other shyt gone come up and this will blow over :manny: its a pretty boring time in the sports world so everyone looking for something to be riled up over.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Bruhhhh, Are you serious :lupe:

First of all, did anybody else honestly, in real time, make that asanine conclusion that "Great Smile, Celebrity, & Charisma"="Shucking and Jiving" like LZ Granderson said yesterday? Because to me those are some spectacular Olympic level mental gymnastics to come away with that conclusion. Also, Keyshawn johnson had no clue what the hell he was angry about... Feels like he was waiting to pop off on Dan for god knows what. Lmao

Screamin A Smith: I don't listen to that clown..

Wilbon had a solid point though.. That if your gonna drag Magic's failures on/off the basketball court.. You gotta mention his successes off the court as well. And yes running a business =/ to running a sports team, but neither is a failed TV show. That's a valid, argument imo.

Two things we're seeing here imo: One, lots of people slurping Magic Johnson. That just cannot be denied. They are not here for any Magic Johnson criticisms in any aspects.

Secondly, I think many black sports commentators are "defending our own". They see the nepotism/illegitimate job offerings that whites perpetually give to other whites all across sports.. And so when it happens for "one of our own", they're like.. Not so fast. You ain't gonna ruin the rare time "that type" of job hiring goes to a brother. Irregardless of the fact Dan has talked about this on a plethora of occassions and just recently with John Lynch.

What you guys think? :yeshrug:
if there's history of him questioning and criticizing the hiring of former athletes/coaches/agents etc, then I don't see how could anyone automatically jump to him being a racist when he does the same with Magic

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Everyone at ESPN vs Dan now b/c of his Magic Johnson take. He getting ate up by SAS on First Take, and Dominique Foxworth..pretty much all of the black ESPN employees.
I see where Dan is coming from but less experienced/qualified and more mediocre white men have gotten much better positions in business.
And he shyts on them too. He talked about John lynch and Vlade in the last few weeks

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
if there's history of him questioning and criticizing the hiring of former athletes/coaches/agents etc, then I don't see how could anyone automatically jump to him being a racist when he does the same with Magic
Yeah that's the dumb shyt about it. I think with Lebetard's track record on issues like this it's crazy to try and label him a racist. Not just his views but the fact of how many minorities he's featured on his show and help put on.

Billy Preston

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody watching this beef go down on Twitter b/w Mike Ryan and Rapaport? Mike Ryan is killing him.

:russ::mjlol:

lol - I was peeping that during the laker/thunder game.

Mike and Stu been putting in work for Dan today. Dan said he wished Stu didn't defend him the way he did on Mike and Mike, but deep down I'm sure he appreciates it. Bomani said Dan was wrong in his take on Magic, but that his comments *probably* didn't stem from racism. Dan's probably looking at Bo like :francis:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
1ucbz0erkyhy.png