Posting signs outside the homes of convicted rapists and child molesters.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Thoughts on this...

Good idea or bad idea

558887_649489395077987_1651809003_n.jpg

Police in Bradford County, Florida are posting red signs outside the homes of convicted rapists and child molesters.

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
The ones who got lied one are labeled sexual offenders those signs are aimed at sexual predators

Excuse my ignorance but I thought people who go to jail because someone lied on them about rape are still labeled "sexual predators"? Do nikkas who plead innocent get the benefit of the doubt "sexual offender" tag as opposed to predator?

I_Q

All Star
Daps

Excuse my ignorance but I thought people who go to jail because someone lied on them about rape are still labeled "sexual predators"? Do nikkas who plead innocent get the benefit of the doubt "sexual offender" tag as opposed to predator?

OK... So it's just sexual predators with child victims? Or is it all sexual predators?
It could be somebody who raped an adult or a child. In the state of Florida being a sex offender and a sexual predator are different things. A sexual predator is somebody who's been convicted of a first-degree felony that's sexual in nature or multiple second-degree felonies that are sexual in nature.

Sex Offenders in Florida Now Have Warning Signs Outside Their Homes | VICE United States

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because of crazed misguided vigilantes?

Eh, that's part of it. But more to the point, if you've been convicted, served your time, and are now free and supposedly "rehabilitated" wtf? I get the sex offender list, but this is just fukked up. And like other dude said, why just sex offenders and not murderers or other violent offenders?

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
i honestly don't know how that makes the situation any better.

aren't the neighbors given notices whenever someone like that moves in the block?

i think the sign in and of itself may cause a lot of mental anguish, stress and paranoia - it can fukk up the whole block constantly being reminded...

I_Q

All Star
Daps
Eh, that's part of it. But more to the point, if you've been convicted, served your time, and are now free and supposedly "rehabilitated" wtf? I get the sex offender list, but this is just fukked up. And like other dude said, why just sex offenders and not murderers or other violent offenders?

Yea I agree I really don't know enough about the topic to go deeper but if someone can drive drunk and kill a couple of people (hypothetical), get convicted of manslaughter and serve their time they're allowed to go on about their lives(maybe not a good analogy). But if a 24-25 yr old bones a 17 year and gets labeled as a predator basically he'll be seen in the same light as a repeat child molester. It's strange but this is florida