Post Pics of Dope Black Hair Cuts.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
At the risk of embarrassing myself... how do I get this type of hairstyle? Whenever I grow it out my hair never looks like this, I just get a mini fro (if I don't pic it out then it just stays matted down and that's not a good look).

Is this what that "nudred" is for?
it's called a " south of France fade " you can do different variations

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Maybe its because I grew up in a white suburb, but I've never cared that much about my hair. Like, I wouldn't even think to. I just get it all cut off every two weeks. No line job or anything. But some of these styles are really cool!!!!

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_mzl14jD1I01r1yxz9o1_500.jpg

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I don't have dreadlocks at all so pardon the dumb question but how are some people getting their dreads to go in directions other than directly downwards? I'm seeing pics of guys who got them joints aiming everywhere :dahell:

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So.....for those of you with dreads what is your method to keep them fresh when you have new twists. I workout and therefore sweat a lot, but if I wash my hair every time I started sweating I would unravel them every single time and i'd never get them loc'ed up.

Nothin you can do about it man. All you can do is wear a durag over your hair and a silk bonnet to bed

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
I don't have dreadlocks at all so pardon the dumb question but how are some people getting their dreads to go in directions other than directly downwards? I'm seeing pics of guys who got them joints aiming everywhere :dahell:
Ok, this one I can answer.

There are 3 types of dreads.

1. There are "Salon Dreads" The ones you see most NFL players rockin' They are the sharp perfectly symmetrical dreads that are all the same general shape and length. They are the most common because they're the least offensive to white folks in the business world, lol.

ed91dfcaf14d55372b010bee310d0a9e.jpg

16c075302e2bcfddb314b5cc5a57f0b7.jpg

2. There are "Free Form dreads" Which are just as the name implies. You're not going to the salon to get them twisted and heated you're just letting nature take it course, with some minor guidance here and there (think Bob Marley). Personally i'm currently somewhere in between "Salon and Free Form" dreads at the moment because they keep falling apart since they're fairly new. I guess I'm washing them too much. But basically they're much stiffer than salon dreads and tend to stick up and out in every which direction depending on your hair texture (or how you rested you head on the pillow the previous night, lol).
dreadlocks-freeform1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

and when they get longer;
Bob-Marley-006.jpg

.......and then there are "congo locs" which are kinda....well, they've got an acquired taste They are typically dreads worn by extreme hippies. They are formed by a 100% neglect method. yo don't touch them in any way, you rarely wash them (and if you do , you just use water) so they can be pretty wild....but in a bad "hobo" kinda way. I'll do freeform but I can never see myself going the congo route;
Dave-e1358147301601.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

....yeah, it looks pretty bad when white folks try it;
DSCN0449.jpg