Possible The Amazing Spider-Man 3 Plot?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I understand Peter it's part of who is character is, But even though I loved M.O.S and half the site didn't there was no reason tot grow that worthless Lois love story in there. And this is where most sup hero movies fail at. There's a reason IM2 and IM3 went to shyt once they shift the focus to that Tony Pepper relationship. Coincidence I think not :sas2:

Well I like Iron Man 3 so I can't speak for it and the relationship part wasn't the downfall of iron man 2 in my opinion. When you do the love story right with the proper balance, the movie can still work. The difference between spider-man and all the other heroes is that he still tries to lead a normal life and that's the interesting thing about him and his stories. It's incredibly important to him that he can still take care of his aunt, have a girlfriend, go to school, have a job etc. Everyone else is pretty much cool with being a hero 24/7

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Well I like Iron Man 3 so I can't speak for it and the relationship part wasn't the downfall of iron man 2 in my opinion. When you do the love story right with the proper balance, the movie can still work. The difference between spider-man and all the other heroes is that he still tries to lead a normal life and that's the interesting thing about him and his stories. It's incredibly important to him that he can still take care of his aunt, have a girlfriend, go to school, have a job etc. Everyone else is pretty much cool with being a hero 24/7
I can respect that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can respect that.

Word. I mean I understand dudes saying the last two movies or all of the movies really focused a lot on the love story and I know a lot of dudes on here don't like love stories in their comic book flicks (and I don't when they're perfunctory like Dark Knight) but it's always going to be a part of a spider-man story, it's just a question of balance and what that director wants to highlight. I will say if there is even the slightest bit of truth to these rumors though, then the studio clearly has no idea what to do with the character and it's time to throw in the towel. But if the rumors are just rumors and sites looking for clicks, then :camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So do we trust Latino-Review around these parts or no?

Sony Planning an Aunt May Movie Without Spider-Man

I'd call bullshyt but this seems too crazy to just make up :russ:

Latino review also announced sinister six was cancelled only for sony to announce its the next film.

Nothing gets more clicks on the internet right now then comic book movies.

Like i continually say, its all bullshyt.

They're right more often than not and virtually never get credit for being right.

Hell, they were the first site to mention the Thanos cameo at the end of "The Avengers" and everyone was like :camby: "fukk outta here, Latino Review?" when I posted it.

Fred.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
captain america TWS may not have had a full blown love story but they still threw the ground works of one in there. black widow starts the movie off trying to set him up for a date... that blonde shield agent who was under cover.. and it was damn obvious the subtleties that were on display for the audience as far as natasha and steve rogers's relationship (i.e., she's trying to hook him up with the 'right girl' while coming across as the very girl that would be right for him).

If anything, I think Marvel did a good job of pacing and characterization, as not everything needs to be blatantly spelled out/in your face.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
captain america TWS may not have had a full blown love story but they still threw the ground works of one in there. black widow starts the movie off trying to set him up for a date... that blonde shield agent who was under cover.. and it was damn obvious the subtleties that were on display for the audience as far as natasha and steve rogers's relationship (i.e., she's trying to hook him up with the 'right girl' while coming across as the very girl that would be right for him).

If anything, I think Marvel did a good job of pacing as not everything needs to be blatantly spelled out/in your face.

True but you can do that with cap because that's his character. He's a soldier. He's focused on the mission at hand so any relationship needs to be in the background or more subtle because that's a function of character; it's not as important to him as it is to someone like Peter. That is his normal life

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
True but you can do that with cap because that's his character. He's a soldier. He's focused on the mission at hand so any relationship needs to be in the background or more subtle because that's a function of character; it's not as important to him as it is to someone like Peter. That is his normal life

I think that's subjective to the story (or writer) though, as Thor is someone who you can say doesn't have that in his character either but ultimately any plot can be given to make his love interest the focus (and hence the focus of his thoughts), as it was in his last movie.

Spider-Man at his core is his self-given responsibility to helping others at all cost and doing 'the right thing' while balancing out a crappy normal life. He doesn't need a focal love interest to tell a good Spider-Man story but, just like with the Thor movie, that's just how they like to write it b/c it seems like an easy money grab with the female audience. Same thing with some of those Batman movies.

Part of why TWS was such a big success imo is they didn't allow themselves to fall for those cliches

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think that's subjective to the story (or writer) though, as Thor is someone who you can say doesn't have that in his character either but ultimately any plot can be given to make his love interest the focus (and hence the focus of his thoughts), as it was in his last movie.

Spider-Man at his core is this self-given responsibility to helping others at all cost and doing 'the right thing' while balancing out a crappy normal life. He doesn't need a focal love interest to tell a good Spider-Man story but, just like with the Thor movie, that's just how they like to write it b/c it seems like an easy money grab with the female audience. Same thing with some of those Batman movies.

Part of why TWS was such a big success imo is they didn't allow themselves to fall for those cliches

Well Im not saying it needs to be the focus of it but it needs to be there and it can't be subtle or in the background. Because it's important to him. Now that his girl is dead and he's putting himself back together you won't have to worry about it but if there's someone in his life it's going to be important