Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

Sniper

All Star
Daps
I didn’t because this nikka still pleading folks not to leave bad reviews and get folks fired.

He tiptoeing the line between wanting to be an everday regular guy and a influential food reviewer on social media and it’d be best for him to pick one lane to focus on

Well.. yeah :manny: How long will it take for spots to recognize his mother in law and wife? He gon send in a breh with a trench coat and goggles too? How does he conduct his honest reviews then?

he balancing on the line of the honest regular breh reviewing small businesses… putting the good word out VS social media food/customer service critic that can change lives

He's not tip toeing anything. He has over 14 million followers, he knows that his words and opinions can change lives.

That's just the facts of the matter due to his following.

However he is a "Regular" guy doing good reviews.

Some people no matter what they're told or how it's explained to them will keep their same opinion because their mind's made up. You're having that issue.

Keith didn't bad mouth, shyt on or leave a negative review of the restaurants. He simply gave his experience with the service and rules and why he didn't have any food at some places.

He's been all around and didn't have those issues at the other locations so many took notice.

Apparently many in Atlanta also have had the same experiences which is why there's a backlash.

invalid

Banned
Daps

This dude be having the worst takes ever.

The worst takes.

FD Signifier reduces all issues within the black community to capitalism which is on code for most black Marxist.

When this issue is a widespread issue with black-owned businesses across the country, not just in Atlanta.

He say he's from Chicago. Chicago doesn't have the fake stunting culture that Atlanta has, yet the issue is so pervasive that it can be observed from the very high-end black Chicago restaurants like Virtue all the way down to the run of the mill joints like Wilma's.

It's not a black business issue. It's a culture issue. And it's not a culture issue informed by capitalism because this goes beyond Atlanta.

The issue is black customers and restaurants having to put these insane arbitrary rules in place to mitigate losses.

Which @Still Benefited touched on.

So basically if you support a black business,its very likely you will be discriminated against due to your race. Lets be honest,alot of these rules are made specically to counter the actions they presumme of their largest clientelle.

Automatic gratuity-"Because nikkas dont tip:mjpls:"

Cant call in an order- "nikkas will call in an order and not show up:mjpls:"

Cant make a reservation-"nikkas reserve a spot I couldve reserved for someone else,and dont show up or cancel:mjpls:"

The only difference is, this isn't a presumption. It is a reality. A large number of black customers operate in this capacity and the restaurants are responding in kind. And the longer folks feign ignorance to how a large portion of black customers operate, the longer this issue will go unsolved.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Y'all gave them hill billy country bumpkin Atlanta negroes the keys to "da culture" and look what they did to it :mjgrin:

lol Black eateries are at the bottom of the NYC food scene too
Yall riding the coattails of everybody else for your city's food rep

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
He's not tip toeing anything. He has over 14 million followers, he knows that his words and opinions can change lives.

That's just the facts of the matter due to his following.

However he is a "Regular" guy doing good reviews.

Some people no matter what they're told or how it's explained to them will keep their same opinion because their mind's made up. You're having that issue.
It’s not an issue for me nor do I need my opinion changed on anything.

I can tell my friends a restaurant is trash without it going viral and receiving death threats because I’m a nobody average joe.. and if he hasn’t realized this the past two day.. he is not anymore :yeshrug:

Tough luck he can’t do those tours with his lovely family. Price we pay for fame..

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The worst takes.

FD Signifier reduces all issues within the black community to capitalism which is on code for most black Marxist.

When this issue is a widespread issue with black-owned businesses across the country, not just in Atlanta.

He say he's from Chicago. Chicago doesn't have the fake stunting culture that Atlanta has, yet the issue is so pervasive that it can be observed from the very high-end black Chicago restaurants like Virtue all the way down to the run of the mill joints like Wilma's.

It's not a black business issue. It's a culture issue. And it's not a culture issue informed by capitalism because this goes beyond Atlanta.

The issue is black customers and restaurants having to put these insane arbitrary rules in place to mitigate losses.

Which @Still Benefited touched on.

The only difference is, this isn't a presumption. It is a reality. A large number of black customers operate in this capacity and the restaurants are responding in kind. And the longer folks feign ignorance to how a large portion of black customers operate, the longer this issue will go unsolved.

But you do realize that ultimately that is discrimination right:comeon:? Is mitigating losses an acceptable reason for companies to discriminate? Alot of what looks like racism and discrimination from white businesses is actually just "mitigating" losses. Where white businesses dont want to scare away white customers,or have white customers think an establishment has "turned black" ,which will create white flight.

Its definitely a pressumption because not every black customer operates that way. But you are judging all black customers based on previous experiences.

But ive said for years,theres no such thing as "black business" ,just another cog in white supremacy. If we are going to be discriminated against by "black businesses",lets stop pushing this support black business idea. We can go be discriminated against in nicer establishments at often cheaper prices if thats the energy:respect:

Sniper

All Star
Daps
It’s not an issue for me nor do I need my opinion changed on anything.

I can tell my friends a restaurant is trash without it going viral and receiving death threats because I’m a nobody average joe.. and if he hasn’t realized this the past two day.. he is not anymore :yeshrug:

Tough luck he can’t do those tours with his lovely family. Price we pay for fame..

Just bring him his food and he won’t have anything to complain about you.

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
The people who live in Atlanta, are the restaurants really like that over there?

invalid

Banned
Daps
But you do realize that ultimately that is discrimination right:comeon:? Is mitigating losses an acceptable reason for companies to discriminate? Alot of what looks like racism and discrimination from white businesses is actually just "mitigating" losses. Where white businesses dont want to scare away white customers,or have white customers think an establishment has "turned black" ,which will create white flight.

If you want to attach language like "discrimination" to what's happening, you have the right to do so.

I call it micro-aggressions. Intra-racial micro-aggressions.

I was having this thought after another thread about HBCU financial aid offices and after having recently patronized a number of black businesses.

The discussion around ‘micro-aggressions’ and maybe this isn’t even the right term, is always centered around a black - white paradigm. But we never talk about micro-aggressions within a black-black paradigm. There are micro-aggressions that we have to put up with from other black people, businesses, and institutions, whether due to incompetence or socio-cultural norms and there are real tangible negative effects that we are not talking about.

There is no reason why black students should be dealing with this sort of incompetence from our own institutions. And black students are experiencing tangible negative effects due to this.

We need to have a real discussion on this and how we put up with so much nonsense from black businesses and institutions and the harm it’s causing.

If white businesses are experiencing the same thing from black customers that black businesses experience, it's not fair to label the measures that black businesses take to mitigate losses micro-aggressions, while labeling what white businesses do as racist/discriminatory. Yes, white businesses can be racist. But as of now, I don't know any white businesses that do the things that black businesses do.

But what you're not acknowledging is that these businesses don't start off this way. I'm sure these black Atlanta businesses did not have these insane rules when they first opened as I know the businesses here in Chicago didn't. They evolved over time as the businesses became popular and having to interact with more black customers. As the losses started to incur, the rules started to be put in place.

Its definitely a pressumption because not every black customer operates that way. But you are judging all black customers based on previous experiences.

I didn't say all.
However, there is a large portion of us that do.
A very large portion and I would even go to the extent and say it's a majority. Even if it's 51/49.

You talk about white supremacy a lot.
In a white supremacist system, what one black person does affects the other.
The good suffers with the bad.
That is the reality.

Why are operating like this isn't the reality?

But ive said for years,theres no such thing as "black business" ,just another cog in white supremacy. If we are going to be discriminated against by "black businesses",lets stop pushing this support black business idea. We can go be discriminated against in nicer establishments at often cheaper prices if thats the energy:respect:

You're just like FD Signifier and other black Marxist in pushing black accountability issues off onto external whiteness to fix.

We don't need to go off and patronize white businesses. We need to do some heavy self-reflection on how we operate as black consumers and make some changes, and then maybe our relationship with our own businesses may reflect that change.

And I am by no means taking up for some of these businesses. Many of them are trifling and deserve any criticism that they get. However, we cannot properly address these businesses without acknowledging that they deal with a significant number of fukked up customers on a daily basis.

Last edited: