Popular Food Critic ‘Keith Lee’ Exposing Atlanta restaurants for….well, you know why

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Owner responds lol.

Dude looks “Atlanta” as hell.:dame:

Should be called The Real Milk and Cookies :dame:

bernie-mac-hilarious.gif

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
See, this is a lesson.

13 million people follow this guy. And I've literally never heard of him, ever.
Being popular is relative.

"I have x-number of followers!"

Yeah, to me you're nobody.

:coffee:

An article on why the meaning of follower counts has changed.

In fact, more than 39,000 accounts on TikTok now have at least 1 million followers, according to data from social media analytics provider Social Blade. That’s about 6,200 more than on YouTube and nearly 16,000 more than on Instagram. This has created a “fascinating subculture of influence,” says Brendan Gahan, Chief Innovation Officer at creative agency Mekanism. “Many creators have a dedicated following within their niche, but they remain anonymous to the wider world,” says Gahan, who sits on VidCon’s advisory board and has attended the conference since it began in 2010.

:francis: at the story of the tiktoker with over 1 million followers and not a fan there to see her at that convention.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
An article on why the meaning of follower counts has changed.

:francis: at the story of the tiktoker with over 1 million followers and not a fan there to see her at that convention.
That was interesting.

I’m not sure I entirely understand the point. I guess it’s true that popularity doesn’t equal engagement.

My takeaway was that Tiktok seems to have so many creators that when everyone is popular, nobody is popular. If that makes any sense. Also, what’s the point if the star of your app is the algorithm, or that FYP page?

I don’t have TikTok. It’s a kids app in my mind. Same pointless crap as Snapchat to me.