POPE HATED THE BLACK MOORS of EUROPE celebrated thier EXPULSION

Daps
oh yeah?

for the record, copernicus was around in the 15th century, bede lived in the 7th. clearly he thought the earth was the center of the universe, but copernicus' ideas were set in motion by Nicholas of Cusa (1401–1464), who died before copernicus was even born

i didnt say they were the ultimate source of enlightenment, i said they made advances in science as well. the vatican today does some of the most advanced astrological work in the world, it's safe to say they've accepted a heliocentric universe.

the dark ages was not a master plan of the church, it was a terrible consequence of many factors happening in europe at the time, a time in which the church held a lot of power. i'm not absolving them, i'm just stating facts.

hilarious that someone swimming in misconceptions brings up the idea of the church endorsing a flat earth :russ:

the church is and has always been a political organization, not a monolithic enterprise.

and here you are defending a conquering imperial government :heh: thank god they were able to civilize those palefaces, they even left a blueprint for the british empire! thanks moors

No one ever thought the earth was flat. That's a myth that a few people invented a few hundred years ago. Every culture in ancient times knew the earth was spherical. Columbus didn't prove a round earth. He tried to find a route to China or India. They knew the earth was round