Police Drug Lab Scientist Arrested For Purposely Producing False Positives Drug Test

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
heisenberg
Heisenberg_sketch.jpg

:shaq:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
that's what i want to know. WHY!
I find it hard to believe she wanted to get out work early so sprinkled some crack on some samples.

my theory...
1. She got paid
2. The DA was smashing and she wanted to make his life easier
3. She hates poor people.
4. I'm gonna go ahead and assume most these cases were of minorities. Shes' racist.

really though i want to know the motive. If anyone finds anything on it post it up.

yeah, I'd like to think only money would motivate someone to do something like this

I just found this:

Special court sessions set up around the state to handle drug lab scandal cases - Metro - The Boston Globe

State drug lab inquiry explores links to chemist

The state drug lab scandal, originally believed to be limited to Eastern Massachusetts, has grown into a statewide investigation, as possible indirect connections between former state chemist Annie Dookhan and prosecutions in Western Massachusetts are explored.

As part of the inquiry into Dookhan’s actions, led by Boston attorney David E. Meier, all district attorneys have been provided with a list of defendants whose cases may have been affected by Dookhan’s alleged altering of drug tests while she worked at a Jamaica Plain lab.

“They’ve put every county on notice that they’ve been affected by Annie Dookhan. We’ve all got, potentially, people in jail based on Annie Dookhan’s work,’’ said Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr., president of the Massachusetts District Attorneys Association.

However, Terrel Harris, spokesman for the Executive Office of Public Safety, said the investigation has not found signs that drug samples in Worcester County or Western Massachusetts drug cases were tainted by Dookhan. The lists, Harris said, include “anyone jailed whose name matched one in a Dookhan case,” which could lead to duplication, or could ultimately have no connection.

Also Tuesday, the state court system said it has assigned judges to sit in special sessions around Massachusetts that will handle cases that may have been compromised. The special session in Suffolk County, which may confront the largest number of potentially compromised cases, will begin Oct. 15.

The sessions will be held for the purpose of assigning lawyers and “addressing the immediate liberty interests” of people serving time “in connection with a drug conviction stemming from a questionable drug analysis,” said a statement from the public information office of the Supreme Judicial Court, which oversees the state court system.

State Police have said that 60,000 samples and 34,000 criminal cases may have been tainted by Dookhan.

On her resume, Dookhan reported working at a lab in Amherst that makes vaccines and does not have a criminal justice role. Harris said Tuesday that Dookhan never worked at a satellite Department of Public Health drug lab that is also in Amherst. Still, the proximity had raised concerns among some district attorneys that there might be a connection between Dookhan and the Amherst drug lab.

Northwestern District Attorney David E. Sullivan’s office last month disclosed there was no tie between current and past prosecutions and Dookhan because his office used the state drug lab in Amherst to test seized drugs, not the Jamaica Plain lab.

Berkshire District Attorney David Capeless said in a telephone interview that “there is no information confirming, in any way, that samples from Amherst were sent to Jamaica Plain.”

But, he said, as a precaution, his staff is actively reviewing drug cases to make sure there is no link to Dookhan. He said his office was given 16 names by Meier’s team, and that after researching them, his staff discovered the only connection was that the suspects had similar names to defendants in other jurisdictions.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
that's what i want to know. WHY!
I find it hard to believe she wanted to get out work early so sprinkled some crack on some samples.

my theory...
1. She got paid
2. The DA was smashing and she wanted to make his life easier
3. She hates poor people.
4. I'm gonna go ahead and assume most these cases were of minorities. Shes' racist.

really though i want to know the motive. If anyone finds anything on it post it up.
Theres only one motive. Money and promotion. A distant third is blackmail. Overall she was a good look for big business because she helped fill prisons so the actually origin may be way over her head unbeknownst to her demonic mind. If you do this, you get paid and in the future you will get put in a better position. She may have either told the wrong person or someone may be investigating whoever is paying her and clipped her in an effort to get her to snitch.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I was going to post this earlier this week, but I was in class. The motive is that efficiency is promoted there and her numbers would have led to her moving up.

But the other chemists were like :ufdup: there's no way the rate at which your doing it is possible :shaq2:

She was doing like 500 a month and sometimes samples that were originally tested for heroine came back with crack samples that had nothing to do with it. She was keeping a stash on deck.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was going to post this earlier this week, but I was in class. The motive is that efficiency is promoted there and her numbers would have led to her moving up.

But the other chemists were like :ufdup: there's no way the rate at which your doing it is possible :shaq2:

She was doing like 500 a month and sometimes samples that were originally tested for heroine came back with crack samples that had nothing to do with it. She was keeping a stash on deck.

I don't see how the number of positives would be tied to "efficiency". that sounds like a fuct up system, like 'ticket quotas'

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I don't see how the number of positives would be tied to "efficiency". that sounds like a fuct up system, like 'ticket quotas'

Basically. :manny:. I'd double-check, I could be misrepresenting that. I was reading it while in class and then I got called on and I was like :ohhh:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Its ok friend its ok. We know you had the scoop but just let other friends shine. :myman:

Maybe someone next to her saw her and was like im telling on you Annie Dookhan but secretly their motivations were to keep her career from taking off. A demon who would taint samples probably isnt going to be well liked by many of her peers. What is the promotion after state chemist?

Annie Dookie has been flattened and made humble. :lawd:

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Good point....so let me rephrase....

I hate this WORLD more and more every day....

Happy?

That's fair... but we shouldn't hate ourselves.

I think "the world" you're describing whatever that means, is just a collection of animals & Human beings... doing things,

we are Human beings... let's do the right thing & get better at being more human.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's fair... but we shouldn't hate ourselves.

I think "the world" you're describing whatever that means, is just a collection of animals & Human beings... doing things,

we are Human beings... let's do the right thing & get better at being more human.
Whats this supposed to mean? Human beings obviously like to taint samples and send people to prison.