Daps
bEx4xHW.png

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Are there any working 3rd party tracking apps out there? This game is ass without them.

Pokefast app.
Pokemesh app, this one is more annoying to set up.

I just use Pokefast now, was using both in tandem before.

The first one you have to do a setting change to make it show the icons instead of the numbers, but if you go into the settings it's straightforward.

Pokemesh is probably the better app of the two but takes a little more effort to setup, probably have to make a secondary gmail account. This app will export the coordinates to google maps so you can have your phone walk you to it.

No idea if they are on Iphones but at least one of them should be.

Last edited:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
We'll be able to walk our Pokémon for candy soon:
Pokemon Buddy System has been data mined! - Pokemon GO Hub

Pokemon GO Buddy system has been data mined from the latest app version. We will be taking our favorite Pokemon for a walk soon.

The Buddy system was first seen on AeonLucid’s PogoProtos, the biggest Github repository for analysing Pokemon GO network traffic. The Buddy system was introduced in the code base in 0.35.0 update.

In short, here’s what we know:

• Pokemon Buddy System is using the same server side distance calculation as the one used for Pokemon Eggs
  • Walking your Pokemon Buddy will award you with candy. The amount of candy is yet to be determined.
  • You can walk the same Pokemon Buddy multiple times, but there is likely a daily limit for obtained candy
  • You can walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time
  • There are various looks of Buddy Pokemon
    • Medium size
    • Big size
    • Flying next to you
    • Rests on your shoulder
All of these changes are already present in the code base, and by the look of it, we could be getting the Buddy system in the next update.

Full Code Analysis
The following few paragraphs discuss code details and reference the code directly. We will keep the discussion simple. If you are not familiar with software development and coding practice, feel free to ask questions in the comment section below.

BudyPokemon.proto introduced
message BuddyPokemon {
fixed64 id = 1;
double start_km_walked = 2;
double last_km_awarded = 3;
}
As observed, a new file has been added to the code. BuddyPokemon message tracks the Buddy Id, the start distance and the last awarded distance.

According to previous experience, the app will receive the entire data package from the server side, similar to how walked egg distance is updated.

A new type of Network Response – GetBuddyWalkedResponse
message GetBuddyWalkedResponse
{
bool success = 1;
.POGOProtos.Enums.PokemonFamilyId family_candy_id = 2;
int32 candy_earned_count = 3;
}
GetBuddyWalkedResponse records the awarded Candy amount and logs the event inside the Journal. Not much to explain here, it’s a new type of Network Response clearly indicating that you will get Candy from walking a Buddy Pokemon.

The response is in line with the structure of other Network responses and it looks lightweight.

Set Buddy and Get Buddy Walked messages
message SetBuddyPokemonMessage {
fixed64 pokemon_id = 1;
}
message GetBuddyWalkedMessage {
}
There are two new functions in the Network Requests code base:

• SetBuddyPokemonMessage
  • GetBuddyWalkedMessage
The implementation is currently missing but their naming clearly indicates the intent.

As there are no extra parameters sent via GetBuddyWalkedMessage we believe you will be able to walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time.

New BuddySize enumeration
enum BuddySize
{
BUDDY_MEDIUM = 0;
BUDDY_SHOULDER = 1;
BUDDY_BIG = 2;
BUDDY_FLYING = 3;
}
As expected, a new BuddySize enumeration has been added in regards to Buddy Pokemon. The code is inside Pokemon Setting message and clearly references various sizes and looks of buddies.

We are not sure how it will look and feel, but Shoulder buddy sounds bloody amazing.

Conclusion
There are still quite a few changes were not noting or discussing here for the sake of brevity. If you are interested in the full list of code changes, visit the PogoProtos Github repository.

The Pokemon Buddy system looks promising and simple. We expect it to land in the update next week as it reuses the Egg distance walked calculation and multiple existing endpoints.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
What does everyone's Pokedex look like? Right now I am sitting on 100.
I'm at 93 but I feel like realistically I only got a few more evolutions before I hit a massive brick wall.

Brehs I got two 10km eggs going right now 1 at 7.6 the other at 4.7 i'm setting myself up for a big time let down I keep telling myself Im getting a Lapras/Snorlax combinations.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'm at 133 right now.

Need to get Venasaur, Raichu, Farfetch'd, Muk, Chancey, Kanghanskan, Lapras, Porygon, Omastar, Kabutops, Mr. Mime, and Dragonite.

It's about to be a struggle now. :francis:
If you don't plan on traveling across the world anytime soon, Farfetchd, Kangaskhan, and mr.mime won't be making it to your pokedex.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yeah I know breh :mjcry:

That's why I said it'll be a struggle. I basically would need them to hatch on a egg. :francis:
Can't get them from American eggs either. Us brehs who ain't accustomed to going through customs are fukked.