POKEMON GO

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Because the max IV is when hes fully powered(cp). All that other shyt u read when u scroll is just comparisons.
I don't think that correct bruh. I'm consulting the cats at The Sliph Road and reddit to clarify though.

For instance,
2sanyis.jpg

This here. It says there are EIGHT possible combinations. 77.8 up to 95.6. It doesn't say the IV is 95.6. Sometimes there is only one result but most times there a bunch. Which is why the average matters. That's also why they say to narrow the range , upgrade the pokemon once or twice to get a more exact number.

In the IV calculator, what do the multiple lines and percentages mean exactly? Each line in the output is one possible IV set that would create the values you entered. The percentage after each line of output is what you get when you add all the IVs in that line and divide by 45 (15+15+15). It's a quick way of seeing how good the Pokemon is, because it's hard to tell at a glance if a 10/10/10 Pokemon is better than a 12/12/7 Pokemon unless you use percentages. Above the lines of output are the average percentage, and also the range of percentages from the minimum in that list to the maximum in that list, so you can compare that Pokemon quickly with others of the same type to see which one you are most likely to want to evolve without having to power up each one a couple times to narrow down their IVs to the exact values. credits /u/LastSasquatch Evolving a pokemon does not count as "powering up."

The IV calculator gives me a big range in percentage? How do I narrow it down? You can narrow it down by levelling up your pokemon once, then entering in the new values and hitting compare. There are a lot of combinations of IVs that can produce some sets of CP and HP at a given level, but the subset of these which also produce the new values for CP and HP at the next level is generally going to be much smaller. The only way to narrow down IVs without using dust and candy is to read data being sent between the client and the server. A guide for that was posted here.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Now they blocked pokeadvisor.com. Seems like everyday they take something away from us. Don't they know that the interest will diminish that way? These mobile games are mostly fads with no longevity. They shouldn't be messing Ruth the features. And they can't use the excuse of expansion cuz it's already out in nearly every country.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Now they blocked pokeadvisor.com. Seems like everyday they take something away from us. Don't they know that the interest will diminish that way? These mobile games are mostly fads with no longevity. They shouldn't be messing Ruth the features. And they can't use the excuse of expansion cuz it's already out in nearly every country.
their reasoning as far as they claim is because these websites piggyback off of their own servers to access the information they provide us with. sounds reasonable to me but i don't think that's their only motive at all.

i read that Niantic wanted to keep these stats hidden so we just feel out the Pokemon like individual creatures in the real world as oppose to "soul-less vessels" we'd only use if their spreadsheet stats checked out. (i get it, whether i agree with it or not is another story)

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
their reasoning as far as they claim is because these websites piggyback off of their own servers to access the information they provide us with. sounds reasonable to me but i don't think that's their only motive at all.

i read that Niantic wanted to keep these stats hidden so we just feel out the Pokemon like individual creatures in the real world as oppose to "soul-less vessels" we'd only use if their spreadsheet stats checked out. (i get it, whether i agree with it or not is another story)
They need to release the iv stats themselves. I use it to manage duplicates. Not like they expect us to keep all these eevees. Besides they ain't providing us with shyt lately.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They need to release the iv stats themselves. I use it to manage duplicates. Not like they expect us to keep all these eevees. Besides they ain't providing us with shyt lately.
yeah this entire "we don't want to make the pokemon soul-less stats" approach is weak as fukk when this is a game that requires countless duplicates and a strong team to battle with...

and pokeadvisor was treating me real good too...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
yeah this entire "we don't want to make the pokemon soul-less stats" approach is weak as fukk when this is a game that requires countless duplicates and a strong team to battle with...

Look for Pokelyzer. It's an app that lets you put in the numbers yourself. I switch to it whenever i catch a high cp one to determine if it's worth keeping or not so I can transfer right then without having to look for it later.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater

Not to mention they didn't explain shyt when they released the game

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i see a ton of people complaining about catching/running rates, glitches, overall game play but they just seem to come back to the game anyhow.

personally, i'm done. the game doesn't require skill so i'm not even honing any type of strengths while playing. it's all grinding to find pokemon in duplicates, draining your battery while hatching eggs, sticking around spots for extended periods of time in hopes of gathering enough pokeballs just so you don't lose all of them on low CP common pokemon. then there's the gym battles that simply consist of mashing and swiping the screen in redundant patterns.

yep, i loved pokemon growing up and the nostalgia is still there, but i rather play the gameboy versions than this... it's only the fact that so many people are out playing it that kept me long enough but fukk it, i can meet people on my own accord i don't like walking outside with my phone in my hand the entire time :yeshrug:

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I don't think that correct bruh. I'm consulting the cats at The Sliph Road and reddit to clarify though.

For instance,
2sanyis.jpg

This here. It says there are EIGHT possible combinations. 77.8 up to 95.6. It doesn't say the IV is 95.6. Sometimes there is only one result but most times there a bunch. Which is why the average matters. That's also why they say to narrow the range , upgrade the pokemon once or twice to get a more exact number.

i just ask at discord and they say that every time u power up a pokemon, it's IV changes. So the Pokemon u have can be from anywhere in between 77%-95%. I guess you're suppose to check each time u power him up. They say its best to capture either 100% pokemon or anything 90%+ because chances are when they power up they will stay in that range.

i did not know this

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I hope y'all having as much trouble finding Charmanders as I am. I've seen them twice in the wild in the month I've been playing.
I know a park/golf course here where Charmander are abundant. It's Squirtle and Bulbasaur that I can't find.

Yesterday I hit four parks in 2 hours, found a park with a bunch of Slowpoke.