Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Legalese

Banned
Daps
That's one way of looking at it, but it kind of feeds this ongoing narrative about how modern gamers/gen z kids don't like to be challenged.

This will likely be a whole generation of gamers first game and they will never know adversity.:manny:
I think Game Freak and whoever they outsourced the games to think that their target audience (children) would just main the starter and then the rest of the party ends up underleveled by the time they reach the elite 4

Its true to an extent, but underestimates the long time returning audience for these games
0xqpc0z2oau71.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think Game Freak and whoever they outsourced the games to think that their target audience (children) would just main the starter and then the rest of the party ends up underleveled by the time they reach the elite 4

Its true to an extent, but underestimates the long time returning audience for these games
0xqpc0z2oau71.jpg

Well I'd argue that they don't give a shyt about the returning audience either because if they did they wouldn't be hemming and hawwing with the national dex every year.

I feel they are creating a product that only really is aimed towards the kid whose never played pokemon ever before, and since that's the case I think they should atleast retain some level of challenge in the game. Luckily the games still aren't voice acted, at least they make these kids read. :francis:

Legalese

Banned
Daps
Well I'd argue that they don't give a shyt about the returning audience either because if they did they wouldn't be hemming and hawwing with the national dex every year.

I feel they are creating a product that only really is aimed towards the kid whose never played pokemon ever before, and since that's the case I think they should atleast retain some level of challenge in the game. Luckily the games still aren't voice acted, at least they make these kids read. :francis:
Atp in time there should be options to turn off hints, help, tips and all that before the game progresses

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

game freak believes that by adding too much difficulty the kids will stop playing and go to mobile games
when you think of them as mobile games their approach makes more sense

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:sadcam: I really need the Pokémon house to be brilliant compatible soon. My ghost team from Let’s go is almost complete

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I’m upset they didn’t really update the battle mechanics. All of the attacks basically look how they did in Sword/Shield.