Please someone break down this recent Kendrick Lamar, Drake, and J Cole beef? Daps and Reps

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The fact that Kendrick is nice with the pen detracts from your argument.

The fact that drake is an actor and uses ghostwriters, detracts from your argument.
None of that has anything to with whether he's a plant or not. If "nah he can't be a plant. he nice" is your argument, that's hilarious.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
None of that has anything to with whether he's a plant or not. If "nah he can't be a plant. he nice" is your argument, that's hilarious.

Not sure I am following your logic.

A 'plant' is generally reserved for those who are unfairly pushed to the forefront. Usually in spite of their limited abilities.

People who have talent aren't generally
considered plants, as their skill merits their fame.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not sure I am following your logic.

A 'plant' is generally reserved for those who are unfairly pushed to the forefront. Usually in spite of their limited abilities.

People who have talent aren't generally
considered plants, as their skill merits their fame.
that's not a plant. If your label is pushing the hell out of you, that's a label doing what it's supposed to do. I'm glad you brought this up because that's what the coli thinks an industry plant is. Labels push you to the moon if there's something worth investing in. Label support doesn't = plant.

DJ Hollywood

Rookie
Daps
that's not a plant. If your label is pushing the hell out of you, that's a label doing what it's supposed to do. I'm glad you brought this up because that's what the coli thinks an industry plant is. Labels push you to the moon if there's something worth investing in. Label support doesn't = plant.
Kendrick was introduced to Dre by an underground west coast grunge rapper Tech 9 , that’s no industry plant my guy
Industry plants are manufactured and giving writers and beats and so on and so on to fit the image that’s needed to make it to the top. Better yet they throw the industry plant in our face and tell you he’s “number 1” making you believe that it was a “come up” and it was just a set up by the industry. He has the same background as the execs that write the checks

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

The history of an industry plant is the whitewashed version of what a black artist has popularized.

This Wiki description is close, but the history of it began with “race records”.

Drake is indeed an industry plant.

Elvis is a plant. (Otis Blackwell)
Elton John is a plant. (Little Richard)

Etc., et.,

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The history of an industry plant is the whitewashed version of what a black artist has popularized.

This Wiki description is close, but the history of it began with “race records”.

Drake is indeed an industry plant.

Elvis is a plant. (Otis Blackwell)
Elton John is a plant. (Little Richard)

Etc., et.,

From your wikipedia source

Artists described as industry plants often present themselves as independent and self-made and are alleged to have their public images manufactured for them by record labels.

That's Section.80 Kendrick in a nutshell

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
From your wikipedia source

Artists described as industry plants often present themselves as independent and self-made and are alleged to have their public images manufactured for them by record labels.

That's Section.80 Kendrick in a nutshell

That just shows how little you know.

Kendrick was making noise before Section 80. I heard about Black Hippy a few years before that.

Hell, Kendrick had 3 mixtapes es BEFORE Overly Dedicated.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1 Black Hippy formed in 2008 and Section 80 dropped in 2011. You just didn’t know about Kendrick, but he was grinding before his success.

And Drake was putting out tapes before So Far Gone. Too many people will vouch for him early on. Y’all are disregarding that because yall think there’s nothing real about him.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Don't mean to sound :flabbynsick:

I been too busy watching the NBA playoffs and Columbo re-runs. Break it down brehs
cole n drake are catset ....

kendrick is dog set....

cole scattered...

kendrick said arf arf ...

drake said jew jew jew jewwww..

kendrick arf 6 times..jew 6 times..called em sassy and said don't say nikka no more..

now we waiting on drake to response