#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I know there's a good number of pathetic nikkas on here emotionally invested in these consoles so I'll take the majority of opinions with a grain of salt. It sucks they didn't show a console, but strategically I get it. Sony got the whole gaming world to pay attention to only them for one day. MS most likely shows off their console at E3. No matter how many great games Sony shows then, a console reveal will trump them. So the best way to stop MS from dominating that day by default is to unveil on the same day. If MS unveils before or after E3 then Sony wins E3 by default by unveiling then. Stans are the only ones acting tight right now. Objective people an publications seem to agree the features shown are impressive, so why not keep the suspense going a little longer? Plus only 3 or 4 serious games were shown. I have to assume you fall into the "pathetic nikkas emotionally invested in a console" group or the dumbass group if you think this is all Sony is bringing to the table for a console launch :snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm watching the ign stream, and it feels like I'm watching football game or something. Announcers giving play by plays and predicting the other teams' future strategy...:dead:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I know there's a good number of pathetic nikkas on here emotionally invested in these consoles so I'll take the majority of opinions with a grain of salt. It sucks they didn't show a console, but strategically I get it. Sony got the whole gaming world to pay attention to only them for one day. MS most likely shows off their console at E3. No matter how many great games Sony shows then, a console reveal will trump them. So the best way to stop MS from dominating that day by default is to unveil on the same day. If MS unveils before or after E3 then Sony wins E3 by default by unveiling then. Stans are the only ones acting tight right now. Objective people an publications seem to agree the features shown are impressive, so why not keep the suspense going a little longer? Plus only 3 or 4 serious games were shown. I have to assume you fall into the "pathetic nikkas emotionally invested in a console" group or the dumbass group if you think this is all Sony is bringing to the table for a console launch :snoop:
showing the console isn't the issue, they could have showed nothing which they did. the issue is they showed nothing new to get people to go from 3->>4 besides social features.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about you lot but outside not actually showing the console...I'm actually pretty happy with what I got out of the firt announcent. :yeshrug:

Specific details on specs
the controller
and some games, some exclusive, some not :manny:

the killzone and capcom joints looked :ohlawd:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i dont get how people are hating ont his

it literally took everything about ps3 that was good and upgraded it by ALOT while getting rid of peoples gripes

True. But the confrence was still underwhelming. From what I gathered it looks like ps3+Facebook=ps4

Can't speak for anyone else but psfacebook looks:scusthov: without any new cool games to drool over.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This all depends on how robust and comprehensive the PS4 and PSN is compared the PS3 because that console felt disjointed; everything was just patched on. It looks like there's more continuity and accessibility on the PS4.

ridge

Daps
lemme put this into perspective...what if apple showed off new specs, and software and did not show off the damn phone? who does that? we got 2 hours of crap that could have taken 30mins to announce and lets not get on the cinematic demos :mindblown: this was a terrible console announcement. Period. Devs showing games that was more than likely not even alpha stages of development.

Did i mention no release date.

:snoop:

but i reserve judgement until e3

yea its kinda wack they didnt show it or the price. but we saw games running. we saw killzone. we saw what the system can do games wise and its OS features and the new controller

the ps4 can look like a NES and if it does everythign teh same then im good.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
showing the console isn't the issue, they could have showed nothing which they did. the issue is they showed nothing new to get people to go from 3->>4 besides social features.

Yea because all of the new social features like streaming every game to Vita, play while downloading etc, watching what friends are playing etc. is already available right now :stopitslime: