Playstation TV

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
are you wired or wireless?
PS4 hard wired to a Wireless AC router that's connected as a media bridge to the main Wireless AC router. The Playstation TV is hardwired to the main router. The routers are RT-AC66 (bridge) and RT-AC68 (main). So I'm getting Wireless AC speeds between the routers.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
PS4 hard wired to a Wireless AC router that's connected as a media bridge to the main Wireless AC router. The Playstation TV is hardwired to the main router. The routers are RT-AC66 (bridge) and RT-AC68 (main). So I'm getting Wireless AC speeds between the routers.
i have a very similar setup..

but i'll find out tmr

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
You're right. Wow Sony dropped the ball on this one. I'm sending this shyt back to Amazon.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So does this work as a stand alone I have a ps4 and my son wants one but I know he's going to break the shyt but I wouldn't sweat 99 dollars....can I play one game while he plays another at the same time?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So does this work as a stand alone I have a ps4 and my son wants one but I know he's going to break the shyt but I wouldn't sweat 99 dollars....can I play one game while he plays another at the same time?
Stand alone as a Vita. Like I said if you're looking to play a PS4 in another room this isn't the greatest option. It's playable on any game that doesn't require accuracy or skills. There's just this lag and I've even seen people sit the two devices next to each other with the same model TV and hardwired to the same router and the lag is still present. Digital Foundry said there's a 6 frame lag from you inputting a command and it happening onscreen. It's basically like playing it on a shytty TV with heavy input lag which by the way is basically added to the lag the Playstation TV has..

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stand alone as a Vita. Like I said if you're looking to play a PS4 in another room this isn't the greatest option. It's playable on any game that doesn't require accuracy or skills. There's just this lag and I've even seen people sit the two devices next to each other with the same model TV and hardwired to the same router and the lag is still present. Digital Foundry said there's a 6 frame lag from you inputting a command and it happening onscreen. It's basically like playing it on a shytty TV with heavy input lag which by the way is basically added to the lag the Playstation TV has..

I have a vita looks like I'm going to need to find a deal on a PS3/xbox360/wii u....I got to get him a system to see if he takes care of it before Christmas.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
I found the solution for anyone who is having lag problems. Just change the setting on the Playstation TV to normal instead of fast connection.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Might be a better deal to be had at Target
http://cartwheel.target.com/search?searchTerm=Playstation

Also 20% off Playstation TV. BTW Best Buy has the PSTV for $69 this week so price match that then use the coupon and it'd be $56.
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11324864/