Playstation TV

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
ps tv is made to be portable like other "tv" box. apple/chromecast/roku etc

it not only does remote play with ps4 but can also play vita/psp etc game. So yes I rather carry around a smaller system that does that than take my ps4 out.

want to know what else is for "lazy people"? fast food. cry about that :feedme:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I see a few the of the main Vita games I wanna play like Soul Sacrifice Delta and Y's ain't compatible. I guess I'll just go ahead and cop a Vita instead

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I was thinking of doing this but I can't really justify getting this. I don't really have any upcoming Vita games I want to try out nor do I really need remote play indoors since I'm only playing my PS4 on my TV and my brother has his own PS4. :patrice:
If I didn't have that second Vita I probably wouldn't have done it. Only because the PSTV doesn't play every Vita game. Hopefully they get Y's working because that's a game I have in my backlog that can't be played on the US version right now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Only reason I'm thinking of copping is my TV in my bedroom doesn't have a lot of apps. Just netflix. :beli:

Was gonna cop an Amazon Fire, but I'll get this instead.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Only reason I'm thinking of copping is my TV in my bedroom doesn't have a lot of apps. Just netflix. :beli:

I hope you didn't pay a huge premium for a "smart tv". I will never invest that kind of money in something that doesn't have wide adoption.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps

Hit the brakes.

Netflix doesn't work on the TV, and Netflix doesn't have plans for releasing it. Neither are any of the other major streaming apps (Hulu , WWE. Etc). Hulu says they are working on an app but who knows. So this thing is just a husk of plastic designed for remote play and whatever PSP/PS1/Vita game you can play on it.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I hope you didn't pay a huge premium for a "smart tv". I will never invest that kind of money in something that doesn't have wide adoption.

I got this one 3 years ago. It was an Sharp Aquos one. Only paid 400 for it brand new off Craigslist. I got a Courtdog Special.
5Bl5MOf.png

2ql49l1.jpg

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hit the brakes.

Netflix doesn't work on the TV, and Netflix doesn't have plans for releasing it. Neither are any of the other major streaming apps (Hulu , WWE. Etc). Hulu says they are working on an app but who knows. So this thing is just a husk of plastic designed for remote play and whatever PSP/PS1/Vita game you can play on it.

:huhldup:

I'll wait for a Courtdog special then. I would like to finish KZ mercenary on it along with a couple of other jawns.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what kind of internet speeds we needing for this to work well. If you can stream Netflix super HD is your sjit fast enuff

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
:huhldup:

I'll wait for a Courtdog special then. I would like to finish KZ mercenary on it along with a couple of other jawns.

I really wanted one too, I travel a lot and didn't want to tug a huge ass console around. Sony hella dropped the ball on this shyt, with a revamped TV friendly UI and media apps could've been a beastly little machine. But no, Sony sent it out to die like the PSP Go and the Vita in the west.

I'll probably cop one during the eventual fire sale if Sony never adds PS1 BC to the quad.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Threw my old 8GB Vita memory card in the PSTV and it's not large enough to hold much of anything. Stuck using a Dualshock 3 because unlike the PS3 you can't just hardwire the controller in and use it the PSTV wants a dedicated controller. The interface was obviously made for touch and isn't pleasant to navigate with a controller. The PSN history to re-download stuff is a nightmare because it shows all PSN content not just stuff the PSTV can download. Also and I guess this should have been obvious PSP games look pretty rough blown up on a 1080p set. Trails in the Sky looks like baseline is smeared all over the screen.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You shouldn't buy this as a PS4 remote play box. The lag is too high. I mostly bought this to play Vita games on my TV so it's not a big deal.