Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Who is actually paying those prices….i hope these scalpers catch a major L. People need to do their research, you can wait for after the holidays for a wifi streaming device
No one. You can search completed items that actually sold on ebay, and they range from $299 - $350. With the majority selling at a $315 price point.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I haven't experienced true gamer rage like I have playing Allen Wake remastered on the portal in a long time. And I love it.

My rage had me thinking - When are we going to see the first content of someone throwing this thing out of rage and breaking it?

I never throw shyt when I rage thankfully. But inside I really did want to throw the portal for a split second because the game had me so mad cursing the Gods and shyt :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I haven't experienced true gamer rage like I have playing Allen Wake remastered on the portal in a long time. And I love it.

My rage had me thinking - When are we going to see the first content of someone throwing this thing out of rage and breaking it?

I never throw shyt when I rage thankfully. But inside I really did want to throw the portal for a split second because the game had me so mad cursing the Gods and shyt :mjlol:

How long has the battery been lasting?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Have you actually done this? Its a far lesser experience. Your phone screens resolution is half the size and letterboxed, the backbone controller is flimsy as hell, (worse than the joy-cons), and you have to sacrifice your phone and its battery to do it.

Most people that have actually used remote play understand the benefits of having a dedicated device with a big nice looking screen and a comfortable controller attached to it.
There are people that have used the Portal and say it’s not worth bothering with also. Your phone doesn’t need to rely on WiFi because it has mobile data. It has Bluetooth. It’s a device usually on your person. If you go on public WiFi with your phone it has a web browser to validate. It is compatible with PSN cloud service.

At home I can’t see playing this. I have access to big screen TVs at home so not choosing to play on an 8-9 inch screen when I could on a 55in screen. Even a computer monitor with a PS4 remote play is larger than that.

I guess if you’re a PlayStation enthusiast this gets traction but there are other devices that are less limited that can achieve the same goal. Many of which people already have access to.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are people that have used the Portal and say it’s not worth bothering with also. Your phone doesn’t need to rely on WiFi because it has mobile data. It has Bluetooth. It’s a device usually on your person. If you go on public WiFi with your phone it has a web browser to validate. It is compatible with PSN cloud service.

At home I can’t see playing this. I have access to big screen TVs at home so not choosing to play on an 8-9 inch screen when I could on a 55in screen. Even a computer monitor with a PS4 remote play is larger than that.

I guess if you’re a PlayStation enthusiast this gets traction but there are other devices that are less limited that can achieve the same goal. Many of which people already have access to.

You missed the entire point of what he said:mjlol:

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
Seems like the experience has been different for a lot of people. Hopefully this can be resolved with firmware update barring personal home network issues.

I’ve used just about all the other remote play PS5 options at home (IPad, Steam Deck with Chiaki, iPhone with backbone). None of them have been as seamless or consistent. I own or have owned a Logitech G Cloud, Stadia :russ:, and Nvidia GeForce with Shield, and this has by far been the best experience for remote play. That being said $200 is a premium to play for a non OLED screen attached to a $40 Controller. Also this is further pushing/influencing everyone towards digital purchases.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Seems like the experience has been different for a lot of people. Hopefully this can be resolved with firmware update barring personal home network issues.

I’ve used just about all the other remote play PS5 options at home (IPad, Steam Deck with Chiaki, iPhone with backbone). None of them have been as seamless or consistent. I own or have owned a Logitech G Cloud, Stadia :russ:, and Nvidia GeForce with Shield, and this has by far been the best experience for remote play. That being said $200 is a premium to play for a non OLED screen attached to a $40 Controller. Also this is further pushing/influencing everyone towards digital purchases.
I've been debating getting it myself, seems like the experience varies based off your network setup. If you have your ps5 wired into the router, you'll get a near seamless experience with the right internet.

If your ps5 is connected through wifi, things get tricky. Seems like you'll have to do some work setting up your ps5 to run through a separate channel so other devices don't interfere with the connection.

Daps
I've been debating getting it myself, seems like the experience varies based off your network setup. If you have your ps5 wired into the router, you'll get a near seamless experience with the right internet.

If your ps5 is connected through wifi, things get tricky. Seems like you'll have to do some work setting up your ps5 to run through a separate channel so other devices don't interfere with the connection.
The experience for me has been pretty seamless with my set up (PS5 wired and Portal on 5ghz wifi) but results will definitely vary. i haven't tried putting my PS5 on the 5 ghz wifi as well on my home network but connecting both to a mobile hotspot from Verizon I had a pretty seamless experience running the portal and PS5 connected to it.

I will say that depending on your internet set up (whether or not you have separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands) it can be pretty easy to put devices on one or the other. I basically put many of the devices that don't need the faster speeds on the 2.4 band (with no change in their performance) and it was as easy as the click of a few buttons and that was only with the router provided by my ISP.

I can definitely understand the frustration though of this device not "just working" out of the box or requiring a few adjustments to optimize its performance.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
that's not the point of the device :dwillhuh: