Playstation Portal Official Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ign:
The DualSense grips feel exactly like a regular DualSense controller, and all of their best features are available here. Trying it out with Astro's Playroom, I could feel the haptics showcase just as well as when I experienced it on a DualSense, and the Portal's adaptive triggers simulate the pull of Aloy's bow in Horizon Forbidden West in exactly the same way. Even the DualSense's touchpad is available, though instead of the single center panel, two touch areas pop up in the bottom left and right of the display when you touch it. The only DualSense feature missing, technically, is the light bar, but that's a forgivable omission considering how nonessential it is to most games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony waste so much money on bullshyt hardware

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pizza-scented-xbox-controller.jpg

281a481d-a191-46cf-a5e5-2d83284096b4.9ce75d39bcc95fbec4f4c6ee07416ec9.jpeg

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
“Remember, there is no Bluetooth available, so you won’t be able to connect to wireless headphones that way – not even PlayStation’s own Pulse 3D headset. It does have something called PlayStation Link, which is Sony’s new connectivity standard for PlayStation devices, and that’s built into some of its brand-new hardware. I got to test out the new Pulse Elite headset and Pulse Explore wireless earbuds, which are the only currently announced headsets that use the standard, but Sony told me that PlayStation Link will be available for third-party headset makers to use in their future products, but that’ll be a ways off. It’s a bit disappointing that we’ll have to buy brand-new headsets to use with the Portal, since that’ll add to the cost.” :beli:

wunder

Pro
Daps
No OLED screen? It’s 2023, I will never go back to LCD panels. They’re just not vibrant enough.

I would rather use my phone for remote play. You get OLED, HDR, and it's much cheaper.

Last edited: