Playstation Plus vs Xbox Live: The GRAND Finale. The FREE GAME DILEMMA

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
nikka thats not your xbox, I dont believe you,

Thats not your live account either.

Those are not your games breh, you dont play games.

You want me to believe that thats actually yours then you gonna have to post a pic with you standing next to that shyt, and your grandma gotta be their to confirm its really you. Intil then, you dont play games, you dont own any games, shyt you might not even be a real person, your a computer virus created by microsoft to troll the internet indefinitely.
I haven't seen tap dancing like that since Sammy Davis Jr. :whew:
Another xbox stan huh?

You nikkas make yourselves easy to spot.

Anyone thats not praising microsoft has to be a sony stan.

Can you prove that im a stan?

Help your boy court out, that troll has been trying to prove it for months
Your the equivalent of a "nat" so I still fail to realize you exist more often than not. But to prove you a stan?
Alright :manny: Exhit: A Your very next post...
I dont give court serious responses.
That means you are a stan by your own admission. But but but? :camby:
I've yet to experience this 'button lag' you're talking about.
I have however experienced severe frame rate issues in online mutiplayer.
But that I wouldn't attribute to live as I've previously stated.
Bruh, I am not lying when I tell you this dude has cricket home internet which he posted had an upload max of like 768kb and a download max of 1.5mb
Then he posted fake results which came from NY and LA when this dude lives in South Dakota :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've yet to experience this 'button lag' you're talking about.
I have however experienced severe frame rate issues in online mutiplayer.
But that I wouldn't attribute to live as I've previously stated.
If you play Halo 4 or Reach's co-op modes, most of the time there's this delay between your inputs and it's very obvious. It's not present in the war games playlist though. It was a problem because I googled it and saw an explanation for it.
http://cruellegaceyproductions.com/2012/11/26/halo-4-spartan-ops-and-co-op-lag-explained/
A simple breakdown of Halo 4′s network models, and why players might experience lag in some gametypes more than others.

Issue: Lag during Spartan Ops and co-op campaign.

Halo 4 uses 2 different network models for online play. Spartan Ops and Co-op run on a “synchronous” network model. Let’s say you are playing 4-player co-op. One player is the “host”, the other 3 are “clients”. All 4 players load the level, and all 4 players start the mission at the same time. Now, when a “client” presses a button, such as ‘jump’, their Xbox sends a signal to the “host” Xbox, telling it what the client player is doing. The host Xbox receives these signals from all 3 clients, then calculates every movement, bullet fired, damage done, etc, and sends the updated information out to all the clients, who’s Xboxs then reproduce the changes. But, the host will only send out these updates when it has received signals from all 3 clients. It does this to maintain accurate and consistent information across all 4 players (In other words, all 4 players are seeing the same things in the same places at the same time).

This is where the lag comes in: If just one of the players in the game has a bad connection, it slows down their ability to send information to the host, which means the host has to wait longer before it can send out gameplay updates to the other players. So, even if you are a client with a great connection, and the host has a great connection, you can still get major lag if one of the other clients has a slow connection.

This is experienced as a sort of input delay (the game will not instantly react to your button presses).

But I don’t get lag playing War Games in Halo 4?

The reason this does not happen in competitive multiplayer (called “War Games|) is that Halo 4 uses a different network model for standard multiplayer. When playing “Infinity Slayer” or any other standard multiplayer mode, the host doesn’t wait for a lagging player before it updates the gameplay and sends info to all other clients. So, if I have a slow connection, and I join a multiplayer match, I won’t directly effect the performance of the other players (unless the laggy player is the Host). A player with a good connection might have a hard time shooting a laggy player, because the host won’t have accurate information of where exactly the laggy player is, but they won’t suffer input delay themselves. This creates a less accurate game for all players (since a laggy player will think they are in one spot, while the other players will see them in a different spot) but it keeps things running smoother than the co-op model.

Why not use the standard multiplayer network code for Spartan Ops and co-op?

Both co-op campaign and Spartan Ops have lots of AI scripting going on. This makes it very important that all players in a co-op or Spartan Ops game are 100% in-sync with with each other. If the host didn’t wait for updates from all players before moving the game forward, then you would have constant crashes.

For example: lets say I’m playing Spartan Ops. I’m a client, and I have a very slow connection. I’m shooting at a grunt. On my screen, I see that I’ve shot the grunt in the head and killed it. But, because my connection is so slow, the host doesn’t yet know that I’ve hit the grunt in the head. This means that the host’s Xbox thinks that Grunt is still alive, and is still running it’s AI routine. Suddenly you have a situation where my Xbox and the host Xbox have 2 different versions of the match being processed (1 version where the grunt is alive, and 1 version where the grunt is dead). This situation = CRASH.

So, to avoid this, the Host will not move the game forward until it receives update signals from all other players. Again, if just 1 of those players has a bad connection, the entire games slows down.

How do I avoid playing with people who have slow connections?

Unfortunately, there is very little you can do to avoid being matched up with players who have poor connection speeds. Halo Reach featured the option to set your matchmaking preferences to prioritize good connection speeds, but that option has been removed from Halo 4. I general, playing with people who live in other parts of the world increases your chances of experiencing lag, but that is not true in all cases. For now, all we can do is try to make sure our own internet connections are as fast as possible.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
If you play Halo 4 or Reach's co-op modes, most of the time there's this delay between your inputs and it's very obvious. It's not present in the war games playlist though. It was a problem because I googled it and saw an explanation for it.
http://cruellegaceyproductions.com/2012/11/26/halo-4-spartan-ops-and-co-op-lag-explained/
Retard, Spartan Ops is Peer to Peer. So if you have any lag its one of you 4 guys connections that is fukking shyt up
I'm guessing, you never had a lag free venture on Spartan ops have you? I wonder why :facepalm:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Ahhh, I see the white flag is being waved with the troll smiley. Will you be getting an Xbox One, friend?
Answer his question.

Why are you paying for a service that gives you dedicated servers only sometimes?

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
He asked a rhetorical question, you are too ghat damn stupid to understand that :snoop:
Did I say it wasn't rhetorical? It's still something that needs a response. You nikkas champion dedicated servers being the main bulletpoint of Xbox live but it isn't even supported by most games.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Did I say it wasn't rhetorical? It's still something that needs a response. You nikkas champion dedicated servers being the main bulletpoint of Xbox live but it isn't even supported by most games.
Those dedicated servers are for Xbox One games buddy, not 360 games.
But once upon a time sony made it seem like PS3 games would have dedicated servers. Nobody realized it was only for like 4gms :sadcam:
But now I'm getting off topic. Now that you are up to speed, can you please stop entering threads.... period?
If you gonna join the debate desk, at least have a clue :heh:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Wait...did this dude complain about Halo 4 co-op being laggy, then posted why it's laggy, which is dude to the coding and not even XBL itself, in an attempt to shyt on XBL?

:leostare:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
So you've been paying for Xbox live all these years & haven't gotten dedicated servers?

& you're telling me to have a clue :pachaha:
I had XBL for 10yrs now, dedicated servers was not needed for XBL because its a closed network.
They don't have total control, but they have some kind of control over it. They revolutionized consoles from a content standpoint. It started with Netflix, its now expanding to things like the NFL. Where it will give you MORE NFL while you watch NFL :whew: Its already been doing that with ESPN for YEARS now. I can hop on there and watch the Serena Williams match from earlier today, in 1080p :manny: I can watch any soccer match from any league in the world right now, on demand, in HD and it starts up instantly. I got cross game chat. I don't have to worry about hackers not being able to be stopped. I don't have to worry about my account being stolen because microsoft was bullshytting on its security.

If all that sounds like its not worth $4 a month to you? Then yea, you don't have a clue :rudy:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I had XBL for 10yrs now, dedicated servers was not needed for XBL because its a closed network.
They don't have total control, but they have some kind of control over it. They revolutionized consoles from a content standpoint. It started with Netflix, its now expanding to things like the NFL. Where it will give you MORE NFL while you watch NFL :whew: Its already been doing that with ESPN for YEARS now. I can hop on there and watch the Serena Williams match from earlier today, in 1080p :manny: I can watch any soccer match from any league in the world right now, on demand, in HD and it starts up instantly. I got cross game chat. I don't have to worry about hackers not being able to be stopped. I don't have to worry about my account being stolen because microsoft was bullshytting on its security.

If all that sounds like its not worth $4 a month to you? Then yea, you don't have a clue :rudy:

You can watch the Serena Williams match?! In 1080p!?

Man that's totally worth paying premium for

Cuz we all totally fukking watch tennis right

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You can watch the Serena Williams match?! In 1080p!?

Man that's totally worth paying premium for

Cuz we all totally fukking watch tennis right
:ohhh:shyt I just might, im about to take tennis next semester. I havent been using the ESPN app, I forgot about it, so much piff, been on that HBOGO :whew: