Playstation getting even more serious about making their franchises multiplat

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I couldn't figure out why people kept talking about Steam... Sony IS pushing this new version of PS Plus like a motherfukker... All they have to do is copy and paste Game Pass... I'm not sure why people fighting against this. It's not going to affect a single thing. They just giving more access to more gamers which means more money
They will do like all other big publishers. They will get their feet wet on steam then eventually they will have their own store/launcher.

Dudes just in denial cause they wanna be able to yell about “sony exclusives”

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They will do like all other big publishers. They will get their feet wet on steam then eventually they will have their own store/launcher.

Dudes just in denial cause they wanna be able to yell about “sony exclusives”
Microsoft has their own game store and launcher. It wasn't popular and eventually those games came back to Steam. People not really interested in all these segmented game stores. Epic is barely breaking even on theirs last I heard and dumping huge money into it giving away free games and the like.

Again Sony makes games yes to sell software but just as important to get you to buy a PlayStation so you enter their ecosystem. Once you have your foot in their ecosystem there is a chance you buy other things inside it. Getting customers into that ecosystem is more important to them than selling games at $70 day one on a different platform. The PlayStation ecosystem nets them more revenue than anything else in gaming and every move Sony makes isn't going to jeopardize that.

I would anticipate they put a year window if not longer on those AAA single player style games before they come to PC. They aren't breaking that to undermine their own platform. There are other exclusive games on PlayStation consoles that Sony doesn't make. If they sell you a console there's a chance you buy those games as well.

I didn't think this was that hard to understand. They have a pretty simple business model.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I couldn't figure out why people kept talking about Steam... Sony IS pushing this new version of PS Plus like a motherfukker... All they have to do is copy and paste Game Pass... I'm not sure why people fighting against this. It's not going to affect a single thing. They just giving more access to more gamers which means more money
They have zero interest in doing that. Microsoft as a company has a business model of selling software as a subscription service. Their service is somewhat platform agnostic. They would put Game Pass on PlayStation if Sony would allow it.

Sony PlayStation as a business model is get you inside the ecosystem and get you to buy software and digital content for that software. In order for them to copy Game Pass it involves a fundamental change to their business model that's going to have a bunch of short term pain financially. Microsoft was in a position to absorb that pain because they're a 2 trillion dollar company and Xbox as a division was floundering in terms of being competitive with Xbox One way behind so they didn't have much to lose on that gamble.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Microsoft has their own game store and launcher. It wasn't popular and eventually those games came back to Steam. People not really interested in all these segmented game stores. Epic is barely breaking even on theirs last I heard and dumping huge money into it giving away free games and the like.
Microsoft store is still going, and gets lots of traffic.

Epic has done much better than people said they would a first.

Both just needed a compelling reason for people to shop there. For microsoft it was gamepass. For epic it’s Fortnight. Sony is putting lots of energy behind PSnow, that will probably be their “thing” on pc.

Again Sony makes games yes to sell software but just as important to get you to buy a PlayStation so you enter their ecosystem. Once you have your foot in their ecosystem there is a chance you buy other things inside it. Getting customers into that ecosystem is more important to them than selling games at $70 day one on a different platform. The PlayStation ecosystem nets them more revenue than anything else in gaming and every move Sony makes isn't going to jeopardize that.
You keep ignoring the fact that lots of people that own playstations are not engaged in that ecosystem. The type of gamer that would be “lost” by day one playstation games on PC are not the ones spending a bunch of money in the “ecosystem”.

The market of people who are buying digital playstation games but also have a high end PC is the smallest subset of playstation owners.

EVERYONE else don’t give a fukk about what’s on PC and when.

The COD, Fortnight, Madden,GTA crowd are not leaving.That’s an entirely different market.
I would anticipate they put a year window if not longer on those AAA single player style games before they come to PC. They aren't breaking that to undermine their own platform. There are other exclusive games on PlayStation consoles that Sony doesn't make. If they sell you a console there's a chance you buy those games as well.

I didn't think this was that hard to understand. They have a pretty simple business model.
Really, how many people do you think just have to have the couple Sony exclusives so bad that they can’t wait a year and need to buy Sony hardware?

That stan shyt got y’all delusional.:mjlol:

People play on their platform of choice for various reasons. A couple exclusive games are not moving the needle like y’all think they are.