The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Son the XseX looks like a car battery :francis:

At least the PS5 is unique
Stop.

Series X at least looks like something that, no matter what company you have come over, would be able to fit your decor in a classy, non flamboyant way.

That PS5 looks like what we thought video game systems would look like in 2020 when we were 10 years old.

It looks so over the top. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I must say, though... That controller is smooth as fukk.

Last edited:
Daps
Stop.

Series X at least looks like something that, no n matter what company you gave come over, would be able to fit your decor in a classy, non flamboyant way.

That PS5 looks like what we thought video game systems would look like in 2020 when we were 10 years old.

It looks so over the top. Maybe I'm just getting old.
:mjlol:
I like the designs of both systems
Series X is simple
A game box
PS5 is sleek and futuristic looking but would look better black

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Why do you buy both if exclusives aren’t even a factor?
to play online with the group of people who have playstation
they need to just make shyt crossplay

xbox letting go of their second hdmi output was a dumb idea for this generation
I dont have cable anymore but it was convenient to plug nintendo or whatever else into it and it would upgrade the quality to XOX 4k
I'd only switch to normal HDMI if I was playing 2k or a shooting game online because you get a .2 lag

I dunno, I know its just me and a few other people, but exclusives never pushed a console for me... ever since nintendo and sega. Eventually you're gonna play both so it doesnt really matter. All the games that people still play till this day arent exclusives. If somebody had grabbed Skyrim or GTA which would be lawfully impossible, then I could see it mattering. But if I had only playstation, like most people I wouldnt care to never play halo again. Same with how I felt about God of War and all that... I've played it before... its the same thing. Mario Odyssey is just another version of Sunshine and 64... I could have just stopped caring at nintendo 64 to be honest. The gimmick of being able to bring it with me is what sold it for me.

Realistically I dont see why it matters though, I understand the "fun" or whatever of console sport rivals. But on both systems and PC I have so many games on deck, that if I didnt buy another game for 10 years I would still be locked in with shyt. You really arent gonna go wrong with any of these systems at all. It would be weird to say "well you aint gonna have fun with nintendo because I dont fukk with it" or "playstation has 6 more games but whatever fukk playstation" no matter which one you pick, you're gonna have 100s of games ... controller with the same layout and buttons and a menu to press start. I grew up with Gran Turismo but I think Horizon took the crown, but lets be real... if I only played playstation, I wouldnt give a fukk if I didnt play Horizon... no matter what you pick, you're gonna have an alternate option and a good time.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to play online with the group of people who have playstation
they need to just make shyt crossplay

xbox letting go of their second hdmi output was a dumb idea for this generation
I dont have cable anymore but it was convenient to plug nintendo or whatever else into it and it would upgrade the quality to XOX 4k
I'd only switch to normal HDMI if I was playing 2k or a shooting game online because you get a .2 lag

I dunno, I know its just me and a few other people, but exclusives never pushed a console for me... ever since nintendo and sega. Eventually you're gonna play both so it doesnt really matter. All the games that people still play till this day arent exclusives. If somebody had grabbed Skyrim or GTA which would be lawfully impossible, then I could see it mattering. But if I had only playstation, like most people I wouldnt care to never play halo again. Same with how I felt about God of War and all that... I've played it before... its the same thing. Mario Odyssey is just another version of Sunshine and 64... I could have just stopped caring at nintendo 64 to be honest. The gimmick of being able to bring it with me is what sold it for me.

Realistically I dont see why it matters though, I understand the "fun" or whatever of console sport rivals. But on both systems and PC I have so many games on deck, that if I didnt buy another game for 10 years I would still be locked in with shyt. You really arent gonna go wrong with any of these systems at all. It would be weird to say "well you aint gonna have fun with nintendo because I dont fukk with it" or "playstation has 6 more games but whatever fukk playstation" no matter which one you pick, you're gonna have 100s of games ... controller with the same layout and buttons and a menu to press start. I grew up with Gran Turismo but I think Horizon took the crown, but lets be real... if I only played playstation, I wouldnt give a fukk if I didnt play Horizon... no matter what you pick, you're gonna have an alternate option and a good time.

Oh I agree if it were up to me everything would come to PC with crossplay and I would never buy a console again :russ: but I understand how and why exclusives work, and accept it as part of the game. I don’t really have loyalty tbh, I’ve had every PlayStation, but I got a 360 before I got the PS3 due to cost, and I’ve had every Nintendo console since the 64 except the Wii. And I buy any multiplat on PC if possible. XB1 exclusives didn’t appeal to me, and now they’re bringing them to PC anyway, but if they bring out enough XSX exclusives that I wanna play, I’ll buy it. PlayStation always gives me the games I wanna play, so I can’t miss out on it, but if they ever fell off, I would have to cut bait.

And whatever friends are on whichever console I have are just the ones I play online with :manny:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
shyt gonna be quiet as fukk....hopefully.

Looking at the design, it definitely looks like it was made with cooling being a very big focus. If so, the PS5 should run relatively quietly unless the games that end up being made for the console end up being so intensive that it sounds like an airport.

I actually really like the design. Sony's been pushing the whole "truly Next-Gen experience" thing for the PS5 and this actually looks "futuristic" or "modern". I know people are used to consoles being in all black or grey, but they really stepped out of their comfort zone and went for a really unique design. I think that's great. And, I'm sure there'll be different color schemes that'll eventually come in.

nikkas bytch about lack of creativity and reliance on sequels, yet watch these events only looking for IPs they've heard about before. The gaming community is weird as hell:mjlol:

And of course I hit social media and X Bots apparently already had a meeting and decided the plan is to just spam "It looks like a wifi router" ad nauseum:pachaha:

Gamers are weird and hypocritical breh lmao. Sequels and new entries for beloved series are great (I was thinking they were gonna drop a FFXVI announcement and I have a sneaking suspicion we're still getting one within the year), but new IPs are what's going to keep gaming from going stale.

And you know what, as much as we clown the indie games, some of these could end up being GOAT material, you never know. Just because they're not from a AAA studio, it doesn't mean they're automatically trash. Some that were shown aren't for me. :yeshrug: But I do think that most of them have potential.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
:mjlol:
I like the designs of both systems
Series X is simple
A game box
PS5 is sleek and futuristic looking but would look better black
Oh I agree if it were up to me everything would come to PC with crossplay and I would never buy a console again :russ: but I understand how and why exclusives work, and accept it as part of the game. I don’t really have loyalty tbh, I’ve had every PlayStation, but I got a 360 before I got the PS3 due to cost, and I’ve had every Nintendo console since the 64 except the Wii. And I buy any multiplat on PC if possible. XB1 exclusives didn’t appeal to me, and now they’re bringing them to PC anyway, but if they bring out enough XSX exclusives that I wanna play, I’ll buy it. PlayStation always gives me the games I wanna play, so I can’t miss out on it, but if they ever fell off, I would have to cut bait.

And whatever friends are on whichever console I have are just the ones I play online with :manny:

you make a really good point on Xbox and gamepass working with PC. Honestly if you have your GPU connected to a monitor with 4k ... you really dont need to buy Xbox at all. They are slowly crossing every game over for online play too. I think you are doing it the right way honestly, Technically these consoles need to offer more, like I dont have a cable box anymore but I love the last generation features with it.... if the new one doesnt have it, I dont see 100% reason why I need to rush to grab one. They should allow you to access doorbell and camera's around the crib with console. It just seems like they need to optimize all of these consoles to do something new ... or more things at once, at least to me.

dap and rep for you breh

Although I hate the design, they are smart for making it bigger and putting the vents across the whole thing on both sides. Whether that changed the engineering, its still exactly what they needed for it. So I cant be mad.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Yooo! Watch all the trailers again after the show. Horizon, Spiderman, RnC, and GT7 were on a whole other level. The stream did these games no justice. Don't know why Sony insist on doing these live streams instead of just uploading the 4k conferences right away. Who cares if people skip around. I'm hyped. Feel like $499 is incoming. Maybe the all digital will be somewhat cheaper. Maybe I'll buy GTA5 finally. Who knew holding off would take me into the nextgen.

Daps
Yooo! Watch all the trailers again after the show. Horizon, Spiderman, RnC, and GT7 were on a whole other level. The stream did these games no justice. Don't know why Sony insist on doing these live streams instead of just uploading the 4k conferences right away. Who cares if people skip around. I'm hyped. Feel like $499 is incoming. Maybe the all digital will be somewhat cheaper. Maybe I'll buy GTA5 finally. Who knew holding off would take me into the nextgen.
This was my experience. Aside from Horizon and Ratchet & Clank, I wasn't impressed by the graphics.
Then I watched the games again in 4k and almost all the games show a massive leap :picard:
Spiderman, Horizon, Ratchet & Clank, Kena, GT7, Project Athia, Little Devil Inside, Stray. etc. look cutscene level

Spiderman is impressive for a launch title but I'm waiting on gameplay
God of War's and Naughty Dog's graphics are going to be :mjlit:

Last edited: