Playstation 4 or Nintendo Switch? for brehs that have both

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It depends. IMO Nintendo exclusives are worth the console alone and also the option of being a handheld can be a big deal depending on the person. But that's not to take away from the Playstation exclusives.

The issue with the Switch is when you consider multi-plats/ third parties. I will say that I think the Switch is better for JRPG's since the handheld option makes it easier to complete these massive games. Although I am surprised that it is lacking in western RPG's.

But for all other games, Playstion is superior. Resolution and Frame Rate are obviously better, which is vital for some games. Plus you know that every multi-plat will come on PS4/5.

Personally, for me the Switch does more for me than the PS4. With that said the Switch compliments the PS4 or PC really well as a 2nd console.
Other BOTW I don’t think any of the Switch exclusives are must play

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Other BOTW I don’t think any of the Switch exclusives are must play

I think Mario Odyssey could also be considered a must-play. My only issue was that 90% of the game is really easy, but the last few post-game levels will kick your ass. It's a game that is pure fun, but it doesn't make things overly easy like games like Kirby or Yoshi. It also depends on your gaming tastes.

JRPG's: Xenoblade 1, Xenoblade 2 and Dragon Quest 11 s
Party or Fighting: Smash Bros Ultimate

Honestly I would include Mario Karty 8 Deluxe, but the additions from the Wii U version aren't that much. And I do know that DQ 11 isn't a switch exclusive, but the exclusive changes it makes to the switch version from the base version from the PS4 make it well worth it if you are playing it for the first time.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
PS4 got better online, no debate. Its got some good exclusives too

switch has built a really nice library, plus its portable. Best nintendo since the 64 for me.
i will say if you got folk over the switch is a better party system for games like Splatoon and Smash Bros.

Overall i prolly played my switch more than my ps4, but i def got serious burn on ps4 games like Horizon, Spiderman, God of War, etc...

this is a hard one OP, i really dont know.

find both for a cheap price used:manny:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
get both

ps4 you will spend less on games

switch has games you can play forever
but they mostly stay at 65$
but you get SNES and NES if you get the online

it all depends if you have friends on Ps4 to play with

the switch is a monster, I love it.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Mario Odyssey could also be considered a must-play. My only issue was that 90% of the game is really easy, but the last few post-game levels will kick your ass. It's a game that is pure fun, but it doesn't make things overly easy like games like Kirby or Yoshi. It also depends on your gaming tastes.

JRPG's: Xenoblade 1, Xenoblade 2 and Dragon Quest 11 s
Party or Fighting: Smash Bros Ultimate

Honestly I would include Mario Karty 8 Deluxe, but the additions from the Wii U version aren't that much. And I do know that DQ 11 isn't a switch exclusive, but the exclusive changes it makes to the switch version from the base version from the PS4 make it well worth it if you are playing it for the first time.
If you read the switch thread he said it was gonna be a flop. Dude hates nintendo.

Add Fire Emblem Three Houses to your list. Game was glorious:blessed:

and the wii u remasters cuz nobody bought a wii u, bayonetta 2, mario bros deluxe, donkey Kong country tropical feeze:wow:

Daps
They both serve their purposes

The Switch is for on the go gaming and traditional Nintendo experiences -1

The PS4 is for narrative driven games and high fidelity

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
If you read the switch thread he said it was gonna be a flop. Dude hates nintendo.

Add Fire Emblem Three Houses to your list. Game was glorious:blessed:

and the wii u remasters cuz nobody bought a wii u, bayonetta 2, mario bros deluxe, donkey Kong country tropical feeze:wow:

I was trying to be as objective as possible. I loved Three Houses. Loved every character, combat is classic Fire Emblem with some new mechanics mixed in (Yes I know they took away the weapon triangle), customization was amazing and while the story has some issues it is still very solid. As I played more of the routes I started dreading the monastery activities. It just felt like a chore that I had to at the start of each month. Plus nothing is added to it in part two which makes it feel just empty. But still, it was my second favorite game last year only behind DQ 11 S. But yea your right I should have included it as well.

My post didn't add any ports but I would include Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Bayo 2, and Tropical Freeze.

I feel like New Super Mario Bros Deluxe doesn't belong here. While I am not going to argue that it isn't fun it just doesn't do anything that makes it stand out. It is very traditional but considering when we have Super Mario Maker 2 and Tropical Freeze. SMM 2 might not have the level design coming from Nintendo directly, but the customization with the levels and the community makes it the definitive 2d Mario game experience on the Switch. Honestly to me SMM 2 is similar to Smash Bros where it is a game you can sink hundreds of hours into if it is your type of game.

Now Tropical Freeze does something that you don't typically get from Nintendo. A challenging platformer. Yoshi, Kirby and 2d Mario games recently have all been pretty simple and easy games. But man DK TF will beat you up and the challenge is super refreshing coming from Nintendo.