Playing games on easy mode

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
This is starting to become more and more of a thing, I see. One of the first thing AC:O asked me was would I play easy (for the story), normal or hard. I can kind of understand the easy mode. I'd give anything to be able to get my mom to play a couple of well-written games. If you want to approach a game more like a book or a story, fine. If it gets people into gaming to where they may want to start playing on normal levels, okay.

On the other hand, stuff like Assist Mode and playthroughs are the wooooorst, especially if/when you can't turn them off. Super Mario games are the woooooorst with this. No, I don't need some dumb-ass white suit - I just keep missing the damn jump! What happened to the good old days when you told your older relatives that you couldn't get that little part and they did the jump/got the star/passed the level/took your controller away and laughed at your weak ass? I swear, if I caught one of my (imaginary) kids playing on easy/assist mode, I'd be so ashamed.

What say you, brehs? Is there ever an acceptable time/reason to play easy mode, or are the new up-and-coming gamers just lacking in skills? Does age come into play? And is there any game where you finally broke down and moved the skill level down?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have no idea why people keep repeating this. People play games for a number of different reasons, 'fun' being one of them. Being challenged, being entertained, escaping boredom etc are other ones.
Yeah, and if you read what I wrote, you’d see that I said some enjoy a challenge. I don’t even know what the point of qouting me was. Why? :usure:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:because you simply stated the purpose of games was for 'fun. Just because it's true for your doesn't mean its true for everyone. Did you even read my post?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3308587-difficulty.jpg

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Some games need the easy mode just to cool down nerves, but for the most part...games nowadays are a cakewalk on normal:francis:

Most of the games nowadays are pretty much those VHS games with the sensor toys from back in the day.