Pictures from The Soul Train Awards back in the late 80's throughout the 90's.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Shhhhhh. I use to dress like that back then :mjlol: After @stomachlines put up this epic thread, I went back and looked at all my high school pics:wow: Look like a damn fool in my extra baggy cloths :russ:
LOL! I love the 90s era in general but at the same time it’s like “what we’re we thinking?” :russ: :russ:

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
This was before every RnB Star and rapper thought they was a “brand” so everything wasn’t so calculated by a team of taste makers. The 90s are probably the last era where black entertainers had talent and individuality and didn’t have to ride waves and be on reality shows and have gimmicks to be a star. U still had to have some type of talent.

I feel ya on that. I feel what was so special bout the 90's was the fact that that era took all the elements of the generations before twisted it added their own flavor to and create a end result that was damn near spiritual amongst generations where u can tell it' original yet had elements of the past in it and it came off respectable.....until the corporations came in

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Beautiful pictures nothing will ever top the late 80's and 90's. I love the various styles, the colorfulness, and majority of the women looking classy. I wish time machines were actually real.
Nice post:salute:

:yes:

Thank you! :salute:

These pictures are like the pinnacle of black excellence. I could only imagine all of the moments going down behind the scenes. Social media has given us a window into how that is now, but I bet it was really interesting back then.

Co sign! :wow:

GOAT thread :blessed:

Thanks bruh! :myman:

Dope thread for us old heads, takes me back :to:

Thanks and indeed! :wow:

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Karyn Parsons
actress-karyn-parsons-attend-the-seventh-annual-soul-train-music-on-picture-id156161424

Mark Curry
actor-mark-curry-attending-seventh-annual-soul-train-music-awards-on-picture-id156105897

Mario Van Peebles
actor-mario-van-peebles-and-date-morgana-attending-seventh-annual-picture-id156102662

Sheryl Lee Ralph:noah::whew:
actress-sheryl-lee-ralph-attending-seventh-annual-soul-train-music-picture-id156096053

actress-sheryl-lee-ralph-attending-seventh-annual-soul-train-music-picture-id156095791

En Vogue:whew::ohlawd::noah::wow:
singer-cindy-herron-singer-dawn-robinson-singer-terry-ellis-and-picture-id156091557

singer-cindy-herron-singer-dawn-robinson-singer-terry-ellis-and-picture-id156091546

Holly Peete Robinson
actress-holly-robinson-attending-seventh-annual-soul-train-awards-on-picture-id156089468

actress-holly-robinson-attending-seventh-annual-soul-train-awards-on-picture-id156089453
Holly Peete, MY GAWD. how I wanted her to sit on my face:noah: