Physical console games are quickly becoming a relatively niche market

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
With all the massive patches released I just don't see it. Having at least average internet is a prerequisite to owning a modern game console.

That’s not necessarily true as you have some people that are playing unpatched or not fully updated console games. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the US has access to consistent reliable wireless internet. You can do the research and see it for yourself.

A lot of them are casuals and not hardcore gamers like that.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
That's a really misleading graphic since there's so many indie games released nowadays. No major releases are skipping physical; there just happens to be fewer major releases today because development times are so long.
This

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I will always purchase a console with a disc slot for as long as they make them.

I purchase disc vs digital on a per game basis.

If its a game that I will be playing a lot over the course of several months or a game as a service, I will download it. (Or if its a single player epic that I think I will want to revisit in the future)

If its the type of game that I can beat in a month and be done with, I will get it on disc and then flip it when I’m done.

I don’t see value in holding onto these ‘one and done’ games when I’m finished with them. I have some stuff in my Steam library that I will never redownload and play again.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
So y’all paying full price for these games? :dahell:

I’m about to cop NBA 2K22 since it’s $20 at GameStop now. Why the hell would I pay $60 on the PStore just to play it digitally? :gucci:

A lot of other games are like that too. No way can I justify that steep price difference

Not to mention you can trade shyt in.:blessed: I traded a bunch of games in a got my $70 copy of Returnal for free and I still had $20 to put down on another game:wow:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Physical media has its merits. However, digital is much more convenient. I went fully digital by the end of the PS3 gen and have not looked back since