Philly With The 3rd World Country Vibes

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Since Philly area is the oldest in America besides Boston, the boundaries of the city been the same since the consolidation of 1854.
Philly-Google-Map.jpg

The city is stuck and can't expand even for tax purposes because those towns/counties don't want to be a part of Philadelphia and some of those towns are rich. Whereas Phoenix, Houston, Los Angeles etc... were able to grab land all around to make their cities larger. So you have a small city with horrible taxes and no room for growth. Poor population from the south/racism/Jobs going to the neighboring towns created Philadelphia today.
Repped your other post. That the shyt people don't get Philly is a BIG city. There just isn't much going for it. Being stuck equidistant between DC and NYC, two of the most important cities in the world hasn't helped it either because all the top talent moves there regionally. It was legit one of the biggest cities in the world 80 years ago, but because the boundaries can't expand and has no real industrial base, it's lost like 100k people every decade for the last 80 years. And because it built its infrastructure considering the tax base, the infrastructure hasn't modernized.

It lost its spot to Houston and Phoenix and those cities feel like big suburbs compared to Philly. But if you go to the mainline, 5 miles outside of the city...some of the richest people in the country live there.

It could easily veer into Detroit territory. If the colleges went away, it would become a failed city very quickly. Colleges boost the medical system. So there's some gainful employment in the city, but nothing like the other top 5 biggest cities.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Repped your other post. That the shyt people don't get Philly is a BIG city. There just isn't much going for it. Being stuck equidistant between DC and NYC, two of the most important cities in the world hasn't helped it either because all the top talent moves there regionally. It was legit one of the biggest cities in the world 80 years ago, but because the boundaries can't expand and has no real industrial base, it's lost like 100k people every decade for the last 80 years. And because it built its infrastructure considering the tax base, the infrastructure hasn't modernized.

It lost its spot to Houston and Phoenix and those cities feel like big suburbs compared to Philly. But if you go to the mainline, 5 miles outside of the city...some of the richest people in the country live there.

It could easily veer into Detroit territory. If the colleges went away, it would become a failed city very quickly. Colleges boost the medical system. So there's some gainful employment in the city, but nothing like the other top 5 biggest cities.

It would of been Detroit if it wasn't for the top 5 colleges and prestigious hospitals in the country. I think that is the reason why it didn't and will not go to Detroit. The future look bright but that is if you are educated. They are one of the leading cities in bio tech development etc... I think Boston is one.

The problem is that the city doesn't know what to do with the poverty and failed neighborhoods which relied on factories and infrastructure that wasn't in America since the 60s.

If I was mayor I would redistricting the zoning of the city and created sectors in each area to tackle the poverty rate. What America is learning especially the suburban moms is that you can't ignore crime anymore because it is not in one area as it was in the past in this country. It has tlnbe addressed or it will get worse.

New York would of been a failed city if it wasn't for the billionaires/Millionaire's in the 80s and 90s. Philly elite leaves neighboring towns and the money doesn't stay.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It would of been Detroit if it wasn't for the top 5 colleges and prestigious hospitals in the country. I think that is the reason why it didn't and will not go to Detroit. The future look bright but that is if you are educated. They are one of the leading cities in bio tech development etc... I think Boston is one.

The problem is that the city doesn't know what to do with the poverty and failed neighborhoods which relied on factories and infrastructure that wasn't in America since the 60s.

If I was mayor I would redistricting the zoning of the city and created sectors in each area to tackle the poverty rate. What America is learning especially the suburban moms is that you can't ignore crime anymore because it is not in one area as it was in the past in this country. It has tlnbe addressed or it will get worse.

New York would of been a failed city if it wasn't for the billionaires/Millionaire's in the 80s and 90s. Philly elite leaves neighboring towns and the money doesn't stay.

Real talk, the schools are probably amongst the best, if not THEE best for a big city in the country so them and by proxy the hospitals will never leave. They have to do something about the crime however. The money will always leave the city because crime is supercharged.

Personally, I would double down on fixing crime. It's not so much you have to give folks football numbers, you just have to stop the bleeding. Give them a path back to legitimate work when they get out. Invest in transportation. The mass transit, highway, hell even the biggest streets in the city suck for a city the size of Philly; you can't get around even if you want to. Makes no sense the biggest streets in the city are 2 lanes for most of the length of the city. Takes you an hour to go 5 miles in rush hour traffic. I would add another 2 subway lines, one going up Roxborough/Germantown/Manayunk, and one going farther northeast. Northeast sometimes doesn't even feel like part of Philly. Philly is never going to be a car city so they need to get away from playing in that arena..

Then I would lobby for a big public event to show off the city. I think Philly is in the running for the next world cup I believe. The schools are there already. That'll set business investment off if they get the crime down and show you can actually get around in the city.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's happening heavy in New Orleans. Lower 9th is the poster child. City will be a popping tourist destination spot year round soon not just for Mardi Gras and football games. In 5 years place will be totally different!

You're right about people in denial, though. I think some of it is government funded. I couldn't prove it of course. :wow:
It's just how it goes man. The flip happens before our eyes but we won't believe it ahead of time.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Philly has the ugliest women of any major city.
i used to fight people tooth and nail over this cause it's plenty of attractive women at the 5+ universities and alot of our best looking women are famous strippers/socialites (but they all moved out the city)

but between the cheesesteak diets and the poverty it's probably true. Just badly built ugly dusty looking women. :scust:
My girl is from PG county and when I look back ALOT of my gfs/fwb were transplants, suburban chicks, or women who didn't fit the local mold

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, when taking the train, you never know what you are getting on the stairwell up the surface:
- Piss
- shyt
- Needles
- Blood
- Homeless People
- Homeless people having sex
- Ski mask teens selling work

Ben Franklin would be so proud of what Philly has become....