Philly Brehs...Please Pray for the City

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Lately, my wife and I feel spiritually that something bad is going to happen in Philly. Bad enough, I have been having crazy reoccurring dreams of my old blocks I've lived on are certified war zones, but this is crazy different. Like I'm talking, the shyt will make Lex Street Massacre seem a family get together gone left. With that being said, if you are a praying person like this marsupial that identifies as a black Philly native, pray for the city to move beyond the incident that's bound to happen. Because the aftereffects are going to be severe, especially if you are black in the city.

The new mayor is not going to be friendly and stupid as Jim. I'm talking John Street with a Nazi patch :picard:

That is all

giphy.gif
Can u recommend some affordable housing near u marsupabreh? :feedme:

If it means getting out while i still can im not above living in a tree. :sadcam:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
shyt something happens everyday in this city. I am trying to get my mom to leave she won't she born and raised in the city. She gets mad when I don't want to come down like why should I leave my lawn and trees to go down there with no parking.

Back on the topic, whatever happens to the youngins doing the crime well then they deserved it. They closed Glen Mills and all those other juvenile places on purpose

Breh this is one of the final straws before shyt goes wild left:

Its getting to that tipping point where folks going to be on their "FOR GOOD" steez because people had enough. And the fact that they have been pushing for that Sixers arena on Market Street. Yeahhhh, I would drag closed ones out of the trenches if I could.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Can u recommend some affordable housing near u marsupabreh? :feedme:

If it means getting out while i still can im not above living in a tree. :sadcam:

I got lucky with my past situation, but we did this community program that helped with rent and electricity. Where I'm at, the rent is like 800. Pretty straight area, no issues whats so ever. One thing I can say about Koalabama is that the property is on the low side. So you should be able to find a legit pad for like 600 to 900 tops with utilities included.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
:wow: Fitting to run this jawn while I play some WOW. Them glory days breh :whew:
This era of ROC is so underrated. Everyone was a spitter. nikkas just couldn't stay out of jail and then the industry changed. 2-3 years earlier and people would remember all of State Property differently.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Dunno where I’ll go yet. I’ll do my research soon.

My ideas may be outdated since the last time I have been up there was in 2015ish:

• North-Crazy but not as crazy as folks make it out to be (gentrification, some tourist spots *Maxs cheesesteaks*, and Temple U being guarded like the pope)
  • South- For the most part, you're good. Yeah, there's some sketchy areas, but you will know real quick of what to expect.
  • Northeast-Despite the issues going on up there lately, its still a go to if you're trying to PAWG or just shop.
  • West- Hit and miss. Lately I have been seeing its a war zone, but it's all where you be at. Self awareness and etc.
  • Southwest- Even when I was up there, I no fly the shyt ASAP :hubie:

But for the most part, its all about minding your own business. If you're visiting, disregard the thread. This is mainly for natives that's tired of the foolishness, so when it pops off on the news or hearsay...this thread will be a warning before the shyt storm.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Touche' but this truly hits backyards. I'm giving fair warning because they're fitting to 94 crime bill blocks up there. Just keep your eye on the news breh, something fitting to go down and its going to open these pipehead youngins minds up.

They crave the 90s and 2000s so bad. Game on:hubie:

New mayor in Chicago, which is already slated to host the 2024 DNC..

Should be a very interesting summer. Definitely pray and move cautiously.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Lately, my wife and I feel spiritually that something bad is going to happen in Philly. Bad enough, I have been having crazy reoccurring dreams of my old blocks I've lived on are certified war zones, but this is crazy different. Like I'm talking, the shyt will make Lex Street Massacre seem a family get together gone left. With that being said, if you are a praying person like this marsupial that identifies as a black Philly native, pray for the city to move beyond the incident that's bound to happen. Because the aftereffects are going to be severe, especially if you are black in the city.

The new mayor is not going to be friendly and stupid as Jim. I'm talking John Street with a Nazi patch :picard:

That is all

giphy.gif
They gone try to get black people out of them areas, Philly lookin' like prime redevelopment territory and it's lookin' like they ain't about to wait.
It's about to be a situation that got black people out there lookin' bad, then three years later you will hear about "revitalization" and "redevelopment".
You already know what's about to happen to the city.
This is how people get priced out the hood.
3614007c73606b9bc4b28aeeaef819bb.gif

f7e5e529730bd66b30c919cd4eca87ba.gif

Y'all lose Philly, it's a wrap up north.
:francis:
They must got a serious redevelopment plan for Philly in the works.
They trying to get black people out the north and Midwest back to the South. It's called containment.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I got lucky with my past situation, but we did this community program that helped with rent and electricity. Where I'm at, the rent is like 800. Pretty straight area, no issues whats so ever. One thing I can say about Koalabama is that the property is on the low side. So you should be able to find a legit pad for like 600 to 900 tops with utilities included.
Damn even the badlands cost more than that around here. And idk how long u been gone from philly but if u remember what the bad lands was like back when, shiiit...ur use of the word "warzone" is NOT hyperbole in the least. :francis:

Even most of the northeast aint very pretty these days.

edit: and if u remember the el and broad street line, today u cant ride that shyt one stop without getting accosted by some panhandling dopefiend cac. I dont even let my family ride that shyt no more. Scared one those t-virus infected muhfukkas might bite them. Thank God for lyft.:whew:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
They gone try to get black people out of them areas, Philly lookin' like prime redevelopment territory and it's lookin' like they ain't about to wait.
It's about to be a situation that got black people out there lookin' bad, then three years later you will hear about "revitalization" and "redevelopment".
You already know what's about to happen to the city.

They trying to get black people out the north and Midwest back to the South. It's called containment.

Square biz. But in a way they are actually pushing folks in the areas that white folks held down for so long, while rapidly developing in commodities like North Philly.

Kensington is going to take some time, but in the end its not going to be the same, as yall seen with it being Zombieville. Its going to get "cleaned" up, but the market will go to one dealer :francis: