Philadelphia is a highly slept on city...

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Hell yeah this is Drexel plans for University City West Philly
Schuylkill Yards: The Future of University City

3_JFK_esplanade_Schuylkill%20Yards.jpg

IMG_4480.0.JPG

Damn, that shyt's gonna be crazy when it gets built.
What's wrong with these people:mindblown:

Philly not even the best sports team in that damn state. They are getting outshined by some smelly rustbelt city:camby:

Mac Miller is still dat CAC doe. :steviej:

What do sports have to do with anything? Hardly any team stays good or bad forever, anyway.

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Always thought it was a small town, depressing, poorer version of NYC. It's cool for college. Did a year of school there.

But a friend of mine told me they building up a lot of areas, so maybe, soon, it'll be on my radar. Visited two years ago for a weekend. My cousins from VA want to spend a weekend there.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I've heard stories about Brownsville

Chicago population and demographically is similar or BKs

Philly is like a more awesome Baltimore or some shyt.
Chicago is more AA, Brooklyn has more Caribbean blacks.

Philadelphia is very similar to Baltimore. :ehh:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Chicago is more AA, Brooklyn has more Caribbean blacks.

Philadelphia is very similar to Baltimore. :ehh:

Caribbean Blacks went up to New York.
Alot of Africans went to Washington, D.C.
Baltimore, Chicago and Philly are mostly African American.

Chicago is only like New York City in size and look. The city is newer (build later, and then the Chicago Fire burned the city down and had to be built again), streets are wider, got big ass alleyways between buildings (NYC doesnt), architecture is different, style of housing (bungalows vs. rowhomes) are different. The culture is different. The blacks in NYC/Philly are from Georgia/NC/SC and Virginia (or the Caribbean in NYC's case). The blacks in Chicago/Detroit are from Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, etc.

Philadelphia is smaller than Chicago but, it's more like New York. It feels like Brooklyn. Has the same narrow streets, same architecture, Philly is more historic because it kept its old buildings instead of tearing them down like NYC did. The culture is similar too. Philly has rowhomes while NYC has brownstones but, they're similar.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Chicago is only like New York City in size and look. The city is newer (build later, and then the Chicago Fire burned the city down and had to be built again), streets are wider, got big ass alleyways between buildings (NYC doesnt), architecture is different, style of housing (bungalows vs. rowhomes) are different. The culture is different. The blacks in NYC/Philly are from Georgia/NC/SC and Virginia (or the Caribbean in NYC's case). The blacks in Chicago/Detroit are from Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, etc.

Philadelphia is smaller than Chicago but, it's more like New York. It feels like Brooklyn. Has the same narrow streets, same architecture, Philly is more historic because it kept its old buildings instead of tearing them down like NYC did. The culture is similar too. Philly has rowhomes while NYC has brownstones but, they're similar.
To me Chicago is a hybrid of NYC and Buffalo.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

I disagree about the architecture in NYC and Philly being the same, Philly seems like mostly 2-3 story rowhomes, while NYC is a mix of all different shyt but a ton of midrise and highrise buildings.

Philly side streets are also super narrow

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM

Louisiana and blacks from east Texas have a ton of family all over the west coast, that's mainly where you find a lot of blacks who were originally from these areas. Chicago seemed to get a lot of blacks from Mississippi and Arkansas especially the delta area. I've met a lot of detroiters with roots in Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.

Philadelphia definitely seems like a place to invest for a quick return, have a good friend that did some work with Imhotep Charter in the philly area and he's basically saying some of the same things that've been mentioned. Over forty percent of city center's population are millennials. That's not bad for a metropolitan area with the amenities that philadelphia offers.

If millennials keep moving in the real estate is going to go crazy, could be a good time to invest.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Louisiana and blacks from east Texas have a ton of family all over the west coast, that's mainly where you find a lot of blacks who were originally from these areas. Chicago seemed to get a lot of blacks from Mississippi and Arkansas especially the delta area. I've met a lot of detroiters with roots in Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.

Philadelphia definitely seems like a place to invest for a quick return, have a good friend that did some work with Imhotep Charter in the philly area and he's basically saying some of the same things that've been mentioned. Over forty percent of city center's population are millennials. That's not bad for a metropolitan area with the amenities that philadelphia offers.

If millennials keep moving in the real estate is going to go crazy, could be a good time to invest.

Yea....millennials are moving to Philly because it's a big East Coast city but, cheaper than D.C. and New York. I welcome it in one way because the city will develop but, in another way I don't because it will become overpriced like D.C. is now.

• Dap
Reactions: Fox