Phil Spencer talks tomb raider "exclusivity"

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I'm being objective. Look at the third party exclusives they have.

Titanfall and respawn were out of money and on the way down. Microsoft funded them and got the game out.

Dead rising was gone. Microsoft approached capcom about bringing it back.

Tomb Raider was a financial failure and CD may not have gotten the green light to make the game, or they would have been given a shytty budget. This way they can push the game as far as they want to go.

This all benefits gamers. Game development costs money. Money being spent on development is good for gamers.

Y'all just so stuck in hate mode that you refuse to acknowledge it.

Now you be objective :ufdup:

and go buy a Xbox :mjpls:
:what: Neither of these situations were like this one. Square is a major publisher and actually has money to fund current gen games. They just decided to take a check. Kudos to Microsoft for helping fund it in some way but c'mon breh...this game was going to be released regardless.

Spencer has done 2 interviews about this game since it was announced as an "exclusive" and has yet to confirm that you can only get it in the XB1 so its obviously coming to another platform. The only thing we dont know is the specifics of the deal and how long the wait will be before that happens.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
"I can talk about Tomb Raider coming to Xbox in 2015 exclusively"

Sounds to me like Tomb Raider is on XBONE for at least a year. That's a while. After that, it'll probably go to PC but no further. If they are helping with the development, it will in all likelihood never see the light of day on PS4.

Sounds like Microsoft found the rival to Uncharted. The sequel should also sell very well. Excellent business move by Microsoft.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:what: Neither of these situations were like this one. Square is a major publisher and actually has money to fund current gen games. They just decided to take a check. Kudos to Microsoft for helping fund it in some way but c'mon breh...this game was going to be released regardless.
Square enix isn't publishing the game. EA and Capcom are major publishers as well, yet Titanfall and Dead Rising wouldn't exist without Microsoft stepping in.

Spencer has done 2 interviews about this game since it was announced as an "exclusive" and has yet to confirm that you can only get it in the XB1 so its obviously coming to another platform. The only thing we dont know is the specifics of the deal and how long the wait will be before that happens.
Only reason it's coming off like that is because people are bombarding him with the same question that he really can't answer. Just think had people hounded Sony about how long GTA or Metal gear would be exclusive. They would have to say the same thing "it's exclusive for the period of the deal, but we don't own the IP".

He can't speculate when/where the game will show up. That's up to SE and CD

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How was tomb raider reboot a failure???? WTF is you talking about... the game sold 5 million copies.... the sequel and this deal benefits xbox gamers only it doesnt benefit ALL gamers. like i said if this game doesnt meet expectations then what?
It was a financial failure. They spent too much money developing and marketing it. Which is why they signed this deal so they can spend less money on development and marketing, they can take more time to make it the best it can be and Microsoft will make sure it does well.
ARE YOU fukkING SERIOUS THEY WAS ALREADY MAKING THE SEQUEL GAME WITHOUT MICROSOFT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

MICROSOFT JUST PAID THEM OFF TO MAKE IT A LIMITED TIME EXCLUSIVE TO THEM ONLY! LETS BE HONEST HERE!!!

:dahell::damn:
If you read the article, Microsoft has been involved with the sequel since the beginning

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
that doesn't even make sense....if Square is trying to make the franchise as big as possible, leaving out the PC and Playstation Brand and going only with Xbox is gonna do that? That shyt doesn't make sense.
It made sense to you when sony did this exact move with Metal Gear Solid 4 :ufdup:
:dahell:

1. OF COURSE TITANFALL SOLD MORE THAN INFAMOUS... INFAMOUS WAS ONLY ON ONE PLATFORM... TITANFALL HAS 3!!!!!! COMBINED SALES OF COURSE ONE GAME WILL SELL MORE. NO shyt.
2. SALES = PROFIT.... PERIOD.... THEY CARE ABOUT SALES BECAUSE IF IT AINT sELLING, THEY MAKE LITTLE TO NO PROFIT...
Let me try your logic on other topics to see if its actually a valid method..

1. OF COURSE THE PS3 SOLD MORE THAN THE 360. THE PS3 COMBINED IT'S SALES WITH THE PS2 :damn:
-or-
OF COURSE THE PS4 SOLD MORE, IT HAS COMBINED SALES FROM 40 MORE COUNTRIES :obama:

Yup, I like your logic :win:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Wrong again. The game was alread well in development before Microsoft deal. It was cooking out regardless.

Can we put Mweach out of his misery already?
Funny, Respawn had this big story where they said they had a vision for the game, and went to sony first to see if they could help out in the development and sony was like "EA Access my nikka, seriously :beli:"

So why the fukk you here lying to this fine community, not friend :camby:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It was a financial failure. They spent too much money developing and marketing it. Which is why they signed this deal so they can spend less money on development and marketing, they can take more time to make it the best it can be and Microsoft will make sure it does well.

If you read the article, Microsoft has been involved with the sequel since the beginning

:wtf: Do YOU HONESTLY BELEIVE THE BULLshyt YOUR SHOVELIN?

THIS IS MUTHAfukkIN SQUARE ENIX.... THEY DIDNT NEED MICROSOFT TO HELP WITH "DEVELOPMENTAL" COSTS.... THIS IS AN "UNDER THE TABLE" DEAL made in a fukking boardroom about keeping the game on the xbox for a LIMITED TIME USE....

it's simple as that. microsoft wasnt involved with the creation of the game. for goddsakes it's square enix / crystal dynamics they already have a in house power house studio... stop your lies nikka!!!!!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:wtf: Do YOU HONESTLY BELEIVE THE BULLshyt YOUR SHOVELIN?

THIS IS MUTHAfukkIN SQUARE ENIX.... THEY DIDNT NEED MICROSOFT TO HELP WITH "DEVELOPMENTAL" COSTS.... THIS IS AN "UNDER THE TABLE" DEAL made in a fukking boardroom about keeping the game on the xbox for a LIMITED TIME USE....

it's simple as that. microsoft wasnt involved with the creation of the game. for goddsakes it's square enix / crystal dynamics they already have a in house power house studio... stop your lies nikka!!!!!!!

You seem really frustrated breh. Just buy an Xbox so you won't be starving so much. I promise you'll feel better:cheers:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You seem really frustrated breh. Just buy an Xbox so you won't be starving so much. I promise you'll feel better:cheers:

:mjlol: a subpar system with struggling graphics in which their owners tried to screw the core gamers over, right???? That system? :troll:

:jawalrus:I've already paid $400 for the better one.....

Besides i got an xbox 360 in my room as well.... looks like i can play the game anyways! :pachaha:you a sucker or better yet i could wait until that time limit is up and cop it for ps4 like i intended.

5250358733438976.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol: a subpar system with struggling graphics in which their owners tried to screw the core gamers over, right???? That system? :troll:

:jawalrus:I've already paid $400 for the better one.....

Besides i got an xbox 360 in my room as well.... looks like i can play the game anyways! :pachaha:you a sucker or better yet i could wait until that time limit is up and cop it for ps4 like i intended.

5250358733438976.png

The furry :ohlawd: