Phil Spencer talks tomb raider "exclusivity"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If these nikkaz was strugglin to break even with 5 million in sales on multiple platforms, MS would have had to cut damn near a 9 figure check or cover their expenses worth that much. Just for a timed exclusive?

I get Phil using the PR speak, but come on SE. Them nikkaz just thirsty

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're reading way too much into this right now. I doubt they would divulge all the details and logistics of the deal right now. My impression is that they want the game to be associated with the Xbox for as long as possible. No way would their language suggest otherwise hence why I think this wording is intentionally vague.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What i wanna know is how is 5M>10M????? If everyone in the world potentially brought a copy of tomb raider 2 for xbox one alone, they still wouldnt be enough if it was RELEASED ON ALL PLATFORMS....

:dahell:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What i wanna know is how is 5M>10M????? If everyone in the world potentially brought a copy of tomb raider 2 for xbox one alone, they still wouldnt be enough if it was RELEASED ON ALL PLATFORMS....

I'm not bringing a copy of tomb raider 2 for Xbox one anywhere :troll:.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Titanfall sold more than infamous, even with much less xbox consoles out there. And furthermore publishers care about profit not sales.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Titanfall sold more than infamous, even with much less xbox consoles out there. And furthermore publishers care about profit not sales.

1. OF COURSE TITANFALL SOLD MORE THAN INFAMOUS... INFAMOUS WAS ONLY ON ONE PLATFORM... TITANFALL HAS 3!!!!!! COMBINED SALES OF COURSE ONE GAME WILL SELL MORE. NO shyt.
2. SALES = PROFIT.... PERIOD.... THEY CARE ABOUT SALES BECAUSE IF IT AINT sELLING, THEY MAKE LITTLE TO NO PROFIT...

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli

You need money to make a game that big. Microsoft has money. Exclusive games sell very well on Xbox.

Agame that big? We talking about tomb raider not gta5.

And Microsoft saying we spent money on the game and helped them develop it = we paid them to make it exclusive and required square to add kinect support

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli

1. OF COURSE TITANFALL SOLD MORE THAN INFAMOUS... INFAMOUS WAS ONLY ON ONE PLATFORM... TITANFALL HAS 3!!!!!! COMBINED SALES OF COURSE ONE GAME WILL SELL MORE. NO shyt.
2. SALES = PROFIT.... PERIOD.... THEY CARE ABOUT SALES BECAUSE IF IT AINT sELLING, THEY MAKE LITTLE TO NO PROFIT...

Not to mention they had the price drop on the game like 2 weeks after release and the titanfall xbone bundle was the same price as the xbone so they were basically giving the game away for free

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

1. Titanfall sold more ON XBOX
2. If they spend much less money developing and marketing game, then they make more profit even with less sales.

Agame that big? We talking about tomb raider not gta5.

And Microsoft saying we spent money on the game and helped them develop it = we paid them to make it exclusive and required square to add kinect support

They said they want it that big, that's why they signed.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1. Titanfall sold more ON XBOX
2. If they spend much less money developing and marketing game, then they make more profit even with less sales.

They said they want it that big, that's why they signed.

Which one muthafukka?!?!?!

The xbox one, or the xbox 360??!?!?!?