Phil Spencer "Sony has to innovate in order to maintain being the leaders" We are not done buying.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Phil today in Japan stated that Sony has to innovate its business model as the gaming industry is moving to a different arena.

Competition is about driving competitors to innovate, driving competitors to do new things like cloud, like subscriptions, like building new intellectual property. And everything we've been focused on is how do we compete effectively, how do we deliver more value to our customer

Giants like Tencent is investing heavily into the gaming industry and Microsoft see them as a threat.

This is such a competitive market, I don’t think we get to press pause on anything. Tencent is the largest gaming company on the planet today and they continue to heavily invest in gaming content and game creators. Sony is a larger business than we are in gaming today and they continue to invest.

When you look at the investments that we’ve made, it’s a highly, highly competitive market. We strive to be a major player here. We want to deliver great content for our players and we’re going to remain active, whether that’s investing in our internal teams that are already building great games that people know and love, whether it’s building new partnerships

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
*Barely puts out games*
*Buys huge publishers"
"Sony gotta innovate, man" :skip:

shyt Microsoft ain't lying and the first party titles don't come out until 2023 and they still got 25 mill subs on gamepass alone. I need to buy more stock into Microsoft. The next few years :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is such a competitive market, I don’t think we get to press pause on anything. Tencent is the largest gaming company on the planet today and they continue to heavily invest in gaming content and game creators. Sony is a larger business than we are in gaming today and they continue to invest.

:skip:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What? Copying the Netflix and Gaikai model isn't innovating. Buying hugh publishers and developers isn't innovating. Building out AAAA studio, having them implode before releasing anything, and bringing in an outside 3rd dev to actually build your game for you is innovative though, I guess.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
What? Copying the Netflix and Gaikai model isn't innovating. Buying hugh publishers and developers isn't innovating. Building out AAAA studio, having them implode before releasing anything, and bringing in an outside 3rd dev to actually build your game for you is innovative though, I guess.
but but but you can play shytty iPhone games on your toaster, breh :win:

Obligatory

quote-the-only-problem-with-microsoft-is-they-just-have-no-taste-they-have-absolutely-no-taste-steve-jobs-105-62-65.jpg

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Is Phil squinting extra hard cause he's at TGS? He always look like he off an edible but this shyt look extra :jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
what sony is currently demo’ing as we speak to 1000’s of people all over the globe

psvr2.jpg

What microsoft is currently doing

FcvqgiKXgAMdVmg.jpg

Basically parading their little chimpanzee around different news stations to plead their case for buying another publisher. They own 23 studios and not one of their big games have a date attached to them going into year 3 of the console lifecycle.

What are they innovating?