Phil Spencer on Starfield/Indiana Jones exclusivity: “don’t want to rule out a game coming to any other platforms […] currently focused on 4 games”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
8fzrdq.jpg

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s actually funny is that Xbots know hand on heart these 4 games are just the beginning before it becomes a deluge but they’re intentionally shutting their eyes to realism and pretending it’s just those 4 games and nothing else :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just like how Jim Ryan wouldn’t completely rule out Sony going to a day one PlayStation Plus release model. Wow a gaming executive said never say never about something.
After that, Ryan did admit to GamesIndustry.biz that things could change. He went on to explain.

All I’m talking to today is the approach we’re taking in the short term. The way our publishing model works right now, it doesn’t make any sense. But things can change very quickly in this industry, as we all know.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What’s actually funny is that Xbots know hand on heart these 4 games are just the beginning before it becomes a deluge but they’re intentionally shutting their eyes to realism and pretending it’s just those 4 games and nothing else :mjlol:
It’s funny because when “Xbots” as you put is said PlayStation exclusive games will eventually hit PC day one how did Sony fanboys react to that?

If ”Xbots” can concede that Xbox is flirting with releasing more games seems like y’all can concede that inside the next several years Sony first party games will be day and date on PC.

I don’t even know why people like you care if games you consider garbage are coming to PlayStation or not. I mean we can all see you want this just as bad as the “Xbots” want Sony games day and date on PC.

For both sides it couldn’t be more obvious that the walled gardens are collapsing and inside the next 5 or so years you not gonna need to buy any console outside of Nintendo to get fast access to first party exclusive games.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
All I’m talking to today is the approach we’re taking in the short term. The way our publishing model works right now, it doesn’t make any sense. But things can change very quickly in this industry, as we all know.

writing's on the wall. boiling frog

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just like how Jim Ryan wouldn’t completely rule out Sony going to a day one PlayStation Plus release model. Wow a gaming executive said never say never about something.

:dahell:are you talking about? What day 1 AAA first party exclusive dropped on PS Plus? Why do you guys act so obtuse for?

Obviously he doesn't rule it out because a small indie first party game or w/e would probably work but they not about to put TLOU Part 3 on PS Plus day 1 man you guys need to accept MSFT only did it because they lost the console war way before.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
writing's on the wall. boiling frog
No it's not. You guys can keep your doomsday narrative to yourself since your favorite company failed in this space now you think it's indicative of others. Mark my words, and you can quote me on this. Sony and Nintendo will NEVER release a 1st party, big budget AAA game day one on a subscription service. I'd make this bet up to the launch of the PS6 that this won't happen. Quote me on this.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No it's not. You guys can keep your doomsday narrative to yourself since your favorite company failed in this space now you think it's indicative of others. Mark my words, and you can quote me on this. Sony and Nintendo will NEVER release a 1st party, big budget AAA game day one on a subscription service. I'd make this bet up to the launch of the PS6 that this won't happen. Quote me on this.

I’d Take a ban bet of two weeks

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yup. It's common sense. Why would a company that's selling their premier games at $70 a pop in the millions do that? At best they'll put a game long after it sold a lot there but not day 1. I feel like these guys think MSFT's failures should be copied as well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Y’all said the same thing about them NEVER bringing their games to PC and we see how that went :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all said the same thing about them NEVER bringing their games to PC and we see how that went :francis:
It still isn't day and date for their AAA games though.

Face it, Sony and Nintendo aren't FAILURES in gaming as much as Xbox has been for two generations. Y'all can gtfo with that bullshyt y'all tryna kick in here.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:hubie:I actually agree… it’s one small step at a time with both Sony and Microsoft. And at a blink of an eye both companies will start saying “exclusives are a thing of the past.” Nintendo is the only company I see not pulling this bs.