Phil Spencer hinting xcloud "lower priced hardware", gamepass streaming sticks

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I think we're misunderstanding each other here.

What I'm talking about is being completely against downloading and streaming games being the only way where ownership is concerned. A disc-less future is one I dread.
Discs won't go extinct for a long time due to internet restrictions and people who still prefer them but they're becoming increasingly niche.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Discs won't go extinct for a long time due to internet restrictions and people who still prefer them but they're becoming increasingly niche.
Of course it's not something that's going to happen over night. But that's the future of this industry. All digital, whether through streaming or downloading, is something that would turn me off this hobby. That's all I'm trying to say, but people can't see beyond dumb console wars.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Once the internet is good enough to pull this off consistently it's going to change gaming. But maybe not for the better. It may cause devs to go even further away from creating a full gaming experience and closer to the microtransaction culture, because they wont be profiting from individual game sales anymore.

Game sales may go on the same trajectory as album or dvd sales. Its a scary future.
I can see that happening, but gamers outside of sports gamers are an extremely vocal group and they'll drop a shytty experience like anthem and avengers with the quickness because a bad game is just unenjoyable and most people can't put up with that. Good games will sell and most the time if they don't they have cult followings
Now what I'm concerned about is that control factor and having PT like situations where the big companies just ax shyt off the store being petty even if they're throwing tons of money away like konami did

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I’m not buying another stick/box. If it ain’t on my tv or on Apple 4ktv then :yeshrug:

I do think msft will push this harder than Sony did with the pstv and psnow on other non Sony devices tho.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
You can use shield but I wish it was official so I don’t have to side load it.. I never used firestick but if that is android you can probly side load it too
That is probably the only bad thing about Nvidia Shield is that there is not enough official apps. I don't mind sideloading as long the app works and gets updated by itself.