Phil Spencer hinting xcloud "lower priced hardware", gamepass streaming sticks

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Always making solid forecasts/predictions
Youd make a good data analyst :ehh:

Thanks breh. I'm a controller (accounting) in my real day to day. @Thatrogueassdiaz can vouch for me. In any event, I stare at data all day long, make budgets and predictions and forecasts. Don't get me wrong, I have a natural bias towards certain brands but when I look at the market, work or otherwise, remove the subjective and just focus on what is quantifiable.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Once the internet is good enough to pull this off consistently it's going to change gaming. But maybe not for the better. It may cause devs to go even further away from creating a full gaming experience and closer to the microtransaction culture, because they wont be profiting from individual game sales anymore.

Game sales may go on the same trajectory as album or dvd sales. Its a scary future.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks breh. I'm a controller (accounting) in my real day to day. @Thatrogueassdiaz can vouch for me. In any event, I stare at data all day long, make budgets and predictions and forecasts. Don't get me wrong, I have a natural bias towards certain brands but when I look at the market, work or otherwise, remove the subjective and just focus on what is quantifiable.
*rolls eyes like The Rock gif*
Yeah, you have a HUGE bias against Playstation :mjlol:

Feb 2013

After digesting this news, I feel pretty confident in my assertion that the new xbox will lead in sales again. Sony's console will be great at gaming, Microsoft's console will be great at everything, money hats to oblivion and is the successor to the greatest selling console ever on American soil. Sony is being reactionary to Microsoft, the changing of the specs, conferences like this that are similar to what Microsoft did with MTV. The difference here is that there won't be hubris and apathy with the next xbox as there was with the ps3. I'm glad Sony is going to put up a fight, but in this new marketplace, I fear the ps4 might end up like the vita by being an awesome product but not enough market to sustain it.

A year later(Dec 2014)

Not that this implies that they don't know what they are doing, fourth console in, sixth platform overall. Great platforms, all of them. I've owned them all, lol. However, this comment does not inspire confidence. So basically, Microsoft is pushing for market share and Sony is pushing for profitability. When there is a huge contrast as far as winning in numbers since the average business person would be inclined to bet on market share, especially with the company that is not afraid to fight fire with fire with anyone. A $500 console came down to like $349 with games in a year. Who can really compete with that? Sony doesn't have the funds to do so.

@MeachTheMonster
@Rekkapryde
@ItWasWritten

tenor.gif

You talk a good game but I see through the veil. You're like the Michael Pachter of the Arcadium. Another @Liquid really.
You couldn't have been more wrong my dude. PS4 like the Vita? :laff: I sometimes hope you mean well but these comments strike me as fanboy nonsense hidden behind "mArKEt aNAlySis!" The "I'll own all of them" doesn't exempt you from fanboyism.

Embrace it. :mjpls:

:childplease:

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
*rolls eyes like The Rock gif*
Yeah, you have a HUGE bias against Playstation :mjlol:

Feb 2013

A year later(Dec 2014)

@MeachTheMonster
@Rekkapryde
@ItWasWritten

tenor.gif

You talk a good game but I see through the veil. You're like the Michael Pachter of the Arcadium. Another @Liquid really.
You couldn't have been more wrong my dude. PS4 like the Vita? :laff: I sometimes hope you mean well but these comments strike me as fanboy nonsense hidden behind "mArKEt aNAlySis!" The "I'll own all of them" doesn't exempt you from fanboyism.

Embrace it. :mjpls:

:childplease:

I can't help Don Mattrick was a dumbass. The blueprint was apparent. I spend too much money on playstation related items to have a true bias against it. My bias towards them isn't their products. It's the way they lie and the amount of people that then cape for them. Has Microsoft made mistakes? Of course they have. Numerous amounts. I realized it was a damn cult when Phil Harrison was juelzing about rumble and the sixaxis and half of Neogaf was stanning Sony and their decision to not pay for rumble.

All in all though, I do believe what I've always believed in the end. Microsoft, once they've stopped shooting themselves in the foot, would elevate gaming to plateaus and reach not previously seen. November 10th starts that. The battle of attrition has begun.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't help Don Mattrick was a dumbass. The blueprint was apparent. I spend too much money on playstation related items to have a true bias against it. My bias towards them isn't their products. It's the way they lie and the amount of people that then cape for them. Has Microsoft made mistakes? Of course they have. Numerous amounts. I realized it was a damn cult when Phil Harrison was juelzing about rumble and the sixaxis and half of Neogaf was stanning Sony and their decision to not pay for rumble.

All in all though, I do believe what I've always believed in the end. Microsoft, once they've stopped shooting themselves in the foot, would elevate gaming to plateaus and reach not previously seen. November 10th starts that. The battle of attrition has begun.
I prefer PS over Xbox any day but there's a clear difference between liking a particular brand and stanning the men behind it. I like Sony but you won't find me on here making praise worthy threads for Jim Ryan, Andrew House or Kaz. I just like their products(Except the trash ass PS Classic and PSTV :mjlol:).

MSFT's vision is very different from Sony's vision and I see that but some people on here just see w/e MSFT does Sony must too. When Sony was investing into IPs and worldwide studios Xbox stans didn't care about exclusives and 1st party titles but as soon as Phil came around to say he bought some studios suddenly they see the vision. :mjlol:

Things MSFT does CLEARLY better than Sony is supporting their older games and devices. I was playing Halo 4 last night and was wowed at how smooth it is on PC at 115fps and how fun it still is to play. Halo 2 right after. I wish I was able to still boot up and play Uncharted 2 or 3 MP online. Sony clearly needs to find a way to support their games MP services for longer period of times.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I prefer PS over Xbox any day but there's a clear difference between liking a particular brand and stanning the men behind it. I like Sony but you won't find me on here making praise worthy threads for Jim Ryan, Andrew House or Kaz. I just like their products(Except the trash ass PS Classic and PSTV :mjlol:).

MSFT's vision is very different from Sony's vision and I see that but some people on here just see w/e MSFT does Sony must too. When Sony was investing into IPs and worldwide studios Xbox stans didn't care about exclusives and 1st party titles but as soon as Phil came around to say he bought some studios suddenly they see the vision. :mjlol:

Things MSFT does CLEARLY better than Sony is supporting their older games and devices. I was playing Halo 4 last night and was wowed at how smooth it is on PC at 115fps and how fun it still is to play. Halo 2 right after. I wish I was able to still boot up and play Uncharted 2 or 3 MP online. Sony clearly needs to find a way to support their games MP services for longer period of times.
:usure:

Lol!

You've leveled out though:ehh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Once upon a time on a website named support online hip-hop this one visionary always preached that Xbox was trying to turn into what sega was in the 90's. And online gaming service. I been swearing this since they introduced Xbox live arcade. The cloud is capable of doing what happened in that Crackdown demo today. But just like how Sony fanboys hope developers take full advantage of the SSD to get better performance, using the cloud is similar, and it's up to developers to use it. They will because the cloud is the future, but they was slower to adapt to it than Microsoft hoped. Not having every Xbox one connected really killed off why devs should go that route. Now let's correct those who got it twisted...
It is going to come built into televisions next year. I'm sure of it.
It's coming this year. Samsung taking out further than that by having samsung access which is just like the Xbox all access program except instead of a console you get a TV and then subscription service includes gamepass, netflix, a few other services.
Samsung Access for Samsung TVs | Samsung US
Will they be counted towards Series X sales this gen? :troll:
Sony would count it and you wouldn't question that. If you would then first you'll have to acknowledge Sony grouped ps2 sales with ps3 to come to their final number of ps3's sold. Because the Xbox 360 clearly outsold the ps3 but it's not recognized by most don't gamers because of that move...
Once the internet is good enough to pull this off consistently it's going to change gaming. But maybe not for the better. It may cause devs to go even further away from creating a full gaming experience and closer to the microtransaction culture, because they wont be profiting from individual game sales anymore.

Game sales may go on the same trajectory as album or dvd sales. Its a scary future.
That's bullshyt :stop: You can and will still buy games. Gamepass, let's say they reach 100 million members. Think of how much money that is at $1 a month. Some pay $15, others will pay more via the all access program. Gamepass isn't this micro transaction service, you're confusing free to play with online serve. Totally different and the truth is I've bought a few games already from gamepass that I wouldn't have cared to even play if it wasn't for gamepass. Doubters don't understand why it's genius but they will

I was watching the debate yesterday and would watch Trump just flat out make up shyt. That's what the bold is, it's not that we didn't care dirt exclusives. We didn't care if it came to PC just like you never cared about PS4/PC only titles. Street fighter 5 is one both but you never not called it exclusive when discussing console wars. And now that Sony is gravitating towards that same way of thinking you go "but they're old games"

We don't spend our time worrying about any of that because I can play my entire Xbox library anywhere via my cellphone today. You deemed that bad, I seem you retarded and salty :win:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

Streaming hasn't stopped big budget blockbuster movies. If anything it opens up the door to more types of games being made that wouldn't do as well on their own

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Streaming hasn't stopped big budget blockbuster movies. If anything it opens up the door to more types of games being made that wouldn't do as well on their own

Movies still get box office sales, there's a market for that. Notice how when coronavirus hit and theaters are being shut down, alot of movies are being delayed or have halted production.

Meanwhile TV series are a lot more volatile than before. They often just get randomly cancelled if they don't immediately make an impact. That's a little closer to the gamepass market because there's no individual sales going back to the developer.

I'm just projecting that it will play out this way if everything goes through gamepass. Now if they keep doing new releases off of gamepass and keep gamepass the way it is as a roulette of games then it can still work, but it's gonna be harder to get it off the ground. It does help that M$ is farther ahead than Sony on this, but I don't like where it may lead the industry.