Phil Spencer hinting xcloud "lower priced hardware", gamepass streaming sticks

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Movies still get box office sales, there's a market for that. Notice how when coronavirus hit and theaters are being shut down, alot of movies are being delayed or have halted production.

Meanwhile TV series are a lot more volatile than before. They often just get randomly cancelled if they don't immediately make an impact. That's a little closer to the gamepass market because there's no individual sales going back to the developer.

I'm just projecting that it will play out this way if everything goes through gamepass. Now if they keep doing new releases off of gamepass and keep gamepass the way it is as a roulette of games then it can still work, but it's gonna be harder to get it off the ground. It does help that M$ is farther ahead than Sony on this, but I don't like where it may lead the industry.
Well obviously if it's not financially viable developers aren't going to put their games on there. You'd be foolish to think majority of major releases will be streaming day 1. Still it's a great service and more options is always better.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
People are actually happy about this industry moving towards becoming fully digital/streaming? Once this happens I'm done with gaming.
The systems you use today upload the game then runs it from the hard drive aka digital. You're already doing what you claim you won't do :facepalm:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The systems you use today upload the game then runs it from the hard drive aka digital. You're already doing what you claim you won't do :facepalm:
I only buy physical. The only digital titles I have is because they were "free."

Oh no, please dont go :mjgrin:
I'm fine with that. I only really play single player, mostly Japanese games, anyway. This industry has been passing me by. Death of physical isn't something I would be cheering on, though.

Edit: earlier post was unnecessary.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah breh

Lets quit gaming because MS is making it more accessible

You know, since we're not irrational brand whore sony sluts and all :patrice:
Take off the xbox goggles. I would feel the same regardless of who's making the push.

Let's try this again :snoop:

You're physical is just a key to the Digital version since the disc don't run in the console. Are you understanding what I just said sir?
What?

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
All games are digital files that play from the hard drive. Games don't play from the disc. You only need to put the disc in to prove you own the game
I understand what's he saying. That's just not true though. For what he's saying to be true, you would always have to be connected to the internet, and you would never be able to loan out anything.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I understand what's he saying. That's just not true though. For what he's saying to be true, you would always have to be connected to the internet, and you would never be able to loan out anything.
You can play disc games without the internet. The xbox and ps4 copy your game to the hard drive. That's why games have to install when you put the disc in and don't start immediately

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can play disc games without the internet. The xbox and ps4 copy your game to the hard drive. That's why games have to install when you put the disc in and don't start immediately
I think we're misunderstanding each other here.

What I'm talking about is being completely against downloading and streaming games being the only way where ownership is concerned. A disc-less future is one I dread.