Peter Moore is still angry about Sony "FUDing" the Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And he also reminded everyone that he blames Sony for putting the final nails in Dreamcast’s coffin.

“The Dreamcast was ahead of its time, and it sadly didn’t quite make it in the face of the impending PlayStation FUDing — fear, uncertainty, and doubt — that came along,” said Moore. “And [Sony] did it brilliantly.”

FUD is a more common term in marketing today, and it’s something that most companies wield against one another. An example in the console space is exclusive software or technology that you might otherwise miss out on. The goal is to make you feel fear, uncertainty, or doubt about choosing a competitor’s product. And it is something that the Wikipedia entry strongly associates with Microsoft’s software business in the 1990s.

Sony, however, is also excellent at the technique of generating a fear of missing its products. That is one of the reasons the company spends so much money on third-party exclusives like Deathloop, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI.

So they (Jeff grubb of course) wrote an entire article just to say sony marketed their console better than sega?

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Sony's propaganda marketing was top-tier back in the 90s and 00s. Dreamcast came out with SOLID games from launch, but people wanted to wait for PS2, Metal Gear Solid 2 (without a playable Solid Snake :heh: ) and "cinematic" games that later bankrupted most 3rd party companies from that era. @Knicksman20 can explain this better.

Wasn't until the PS3 blunder of a launch, was when people realize that they been fooled.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hopefully Sony fudges both of ya'll moms so ya'll have some real reasons to be bytchin bytches.

MajorNaiveHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I bought a dream cast. them games on ps2 looked next level. Ffx, devil may cry, MGS 2 etc.

I beat sonic adventure 2,played power stone, got bored and pawned my shyt. Put it towards the GOATstation 2 In like 2001/2.

I couldnt stand that hardass dreamcast D pad :scust: shyt hurt my fingers... :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.