Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Crumple

All Star
Daps
For me Common has three bonafide classics: Resurrection, Like Water For Chocolate and Be. I think this album has the potential to stand along side those three I rate it that highly it is just so well put together.

I listened to the whole album. It's on par with his brand completely.

You're post sparked what I wanted to ask.

What's the consensus on Common's best album now?

Could this be Common's best album? Better than Ressurection?

I think it's very close. But when you take the era of Ressurection - that may be his best.

This new album is incredible tho.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I've been playing it nonstop since it dropped, and I already feel comfortable in saying it's in his Top 5 best albums.

Resurrection is still his best, to me. But this joint might be a couple spots right after that.

:jbhmm:

No doubt. His wordplay and positive vibes throughout are great. Also I appreciate the lines about him being a father.

The beats are really dope. Pete went in.

And Common sounds like he never missed a step since Ressurection.

He is one of the goats for certain.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This album is aight but i don't get people going crazy about it.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
its probably todays standards as well...

whats your top 3 favorite albums so far this year ? that you go crazy about obviously
Top 3 so far is Mach Hommy, Schoolboy Q and the first Future/Metro album. I think Mach is the only great album so far though.

I just think Common whole style is corny now. I haven't really enjoyed his rapping since Like Water. Pete's production is pretty solid.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Top 3 so far is Mach Hommy, Schoolboy Q and the first Future/Metro album. I think Mach is the only great album so far though.

I just think Common whole style is corny now. I haven't really enjoyed his rapping since Like Water. Pete's production is pretty solid.
you don't think this album is all of that and just named a goddamn album from Future??? This album is not for YOU, just like that trap/autotune/triplet singing shyt is not for me, so I stay out of the threads and ignore it.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Its amazing to me how Pete Rock can still kill it after all these years while he always stayed true to himself

He tripped me out when he was Wilding out on social media. I forget why but he was going off on so many things.

However he stuck with his core work.

I always liked him rapping and his voice as well.

The way he flips jazz samples is something else. Especially horns.

In hip hop these orders artists are inspiring me alot. The ones who have been consistent with releases.

It's powerful.