Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
this album is great but don't front like pete didn't flop for a while around SS2
no, he was still putting out heat, just not in the mainstream. All of these were released the same year as SS2. These are 3 of my favorite Pete Rock tracks of all time.

That UN album is in my personal top 10. I've bought that album 3 times total(twice on cd and once on vinyl). He also produced Edo G's My own Worst Enemy album that same year. Then the next year he produced "G's up" for Jim jones, another sleeper. So he never fell off. The thing with pete rock, he'd give his best beats to guys no one knows. He gave heat to Troy Slugs as well. He'd have some slow years and then he'd hit up with something like in 2014 with Edo G's "let the horns blow".

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a big Fan of Be so this is my 2nd fav Common album right behind Lwfc atm

Absolutely in love with Pete Rocks production here, its stellar top to bottom...

Rap has been on fire this year i havent been this excited for a conscious rap album since tpab

This album puts Common in my top5 he makes music for ur heart and soul on a different lvl

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
I can't put this in the same category as Common's very best. But I got to say it's so refreshing to hear new hip hop music with soul, with beats that knock and make you nod your head but got some positive vibes.

Unless it's something I came up on or it's really well executed, I'm getting bored with the constant brick and stick talk. I'd rather hear Common veer into corny territory with some :flabbynsick: struggle wordplay and shea butter raps once in a while, than have him try to be something he's not. Album just put me in a good mood you know?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

TOP 3 COMMON ALBUM.

HE SOUNDS AS SHARP AS EVER.

PETE ROCK PUT HIS FOOT IN THIS.

BETTER THAN ALL OF THOSE
NAS/HIT BOY ALBUMS.