Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
common's discography is insane.... not as good as NAS but :ohlawd::whew:

album is pure fire
nah, I think his discography is better. Common got 1 terrible album (UMC). Nas has one terrible album (Nastradamus is garbage, I don't care how much the Coli wants to try an make it a classic in 2024). I think Common's non classic good albums are better than Nas' good albums.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
nah, I think his discography is better. Common got 1 terrible album (UMC). Nas has one terrible album (Nastradamus is garbage, I don't care how much the Coli wants to try an make it a classic in 2024). I think Common's non classic good albums are better than Nas' good albums.
agree with the nastradamus part but nahh nas has too many albums fighting for his top 5 spot. I know some of u dudes dont appreciate that hit boy run, but to us that do, atleast 4 of those are top 10 and 2 and those have strong arguments for top 5. Never mind, Illmatic, It was written and Lost tapes...

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
agree with the nastradamus part but nahh nas has too many albums fighting for his top 5 spot. I know some of u dudes dont appreciate that hit boy run, but to us that do, atleast 4 of those are top 10 and 2 and those have strong arguments for top 5. Never mind, Illmatic, It was written and Lost tapes...
The thing about Lost Tapes is that it really wasn't an album. It was a bunch of older tracks left off albums put together like some sort of unreleased greatest hits compilation. I had a lot of those tracks on white label releases and b sides. So technically that wasn't really an album and it was never viewed as such until recently. We all knew what it was over 20 years ago and no one called it a studio album then. That's a cheat code. Can you imagine a Common Lost Tapes with songs like "pimpin" left off of BE and other unreleased dilla/kanye/no id tracks?? De la soul had one of these albums that wasn't promoted called Impossible Mission that contained a lot of unreleased tracks and it was dope.,

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What are those albums?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
What are those albums?
August greene , Black america again, and the revolution joints were dope. I will admit that Nas' worst is better than Common's worst (UMC). Nas had more albums though becuase he went on a run with Hit boy. Nas basically got 18 solo joints (not inlcuding the Lost tapes and Firm, qb finest) and Common has 16. If you rank their top 10 albums, it's fairly even, you can possibly give either the nod.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

You KNOW that poster is trolling right?

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
The Golden Era for us :flabbynsick: everywhere :blessed:

Common and Pete restored the feeling with this one. Haven't had time to zone out and properly focus on it yet, but this exactly the vibe I wanted. Great thing about this era is artists especially vets got the ability to create and release the music they want without label interference. Hope they got a few more of these on deck.