Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:mjpls:

I've heard people have said it was absolutely necessary when it was instituted but now serves no purpose. But I've also heard people say it should continue

Do you agree with it? Should it continue

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
If someone conclusively shows that people with the same qualifications are routinely discriminated by employers due to race and gender, I'm all for it.

I'm not for choosing someone of a different race or gender to fill quotas if the applicants are sub-par candidates when compared to others.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
this right here.
It was a good idea turned sideways. Token jobs never bring about change. If anything they foster animosity.

not to say it's been all bad, just sometimes it's used in a bad way.

In Arizona how would you feel if your only chance of getting a job was through someone of the same ethnic background as yourself?

:cook:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
personally, i think it's inadequate. cacs are gonna cac, affirmative action or not, and the unemployment rate of blacks shows that affirmative action isn't sufficient to combat racism.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:

So we should kill all the whites?

honestly, i don't know what should happen. i do know, however, that blacks are still suffering under white racism and affirmative hasn't done squat to change that. like someone said, white females are the ones benefiting from it. not us.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Even though I am often negatively affected by it (asian american), I support it. You should see case studies of people applying to jobs with 'foreign names' and 'white names' and then you'll immediately understand. People think we should move it to economic affirmative action and I agree to an extent because lets be real, affirmative action pisses the majority (cacs) off and drives more ground between them and minorities, but the facts still stand that minorities are at distinct disadvantages when applying for jobs and higher education regardless of race correlation so i support it

:yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's not perfect, but it's needed.

To all you dudes in here complaining and pointing out that white woman stat. Your black ass or your parents probably wouldn't have a job without it, so quit complaining.