Persona 5 Tactica (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 17, 2023)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
People say this and i kind of agree, but it would dumb for them to throw away the phantom thieves. They are the breakout stars of the franchise.

Its like square never revisiting FF7

yeah...but this aint it :scusthov:

persona games have the most basic, boring turn based gameplay I have little faith they can make a compelling srpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Great games. The combat systems are super basic.

Find enemy weakness. Use it. All out attack. Repeat. Adjust for whatever one off gimmick a boss has

You can shoot, melee, team attacks, finishers, personas, weakness, negotiate, tag people in and out of battle…i mean what else can you even think up for turn based rpgs at this point?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You can shoot, melee, team attacks, finishers, personas, weakness, negotiate, tag people in and out of battle…i mean what else can you even think up for turn based rpgs at this point?

I put like 100 hours into that shyt and it wasn't for its enthralling combat :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I put like 100 hours into that shyt and it wasn't for its enthralling combat :dead:

Which is why these devs ain’t making AAA turn based games like people keep crying about. Most people don’t find them that enthralling

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Which is why these devs ain’t making AAA turn based games like people keep crying about. Most people don’t find them that enthralling

octopath 2 has a greatttt combat system and its turned based. its possible to still innovate a bit :yeshrug:

p5R is like top 3 jrpg for me ever and I've played literally all of them. just cuz I'm not head over hills over one thing doesn't mean I don't think its a amazing game.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
yeah...but this aint it :scusthov:

persona games have the most basic, boring turn based gameplay I have little faith they can make a compelling srpg

bottle-to.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
octopath 2 has a greatttt combat system and its turned based. its possible to still innovate a bit :yeshrug:

p5R is like top 3 jrpg for me ever and I've played literally all of them. just cuz I'm not head over hills over one thing doesn't mean I don't think its a amazing game.

I honestly don’t understand how you could find Octopath combat more fun than Persona 5 but :yeshrug: