Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmmmm, what you say about Morgana is surprising to me, I always figured she would have that child like Monomi from Danganronpa voice across the board. I wonder why the tones are different in each region? From what you say, I'll probably do English voices first then try the original Japanese voices on the second playthrough. You have piqued my curiosity!
Good thing there's options though. I felt like the JP voice acting was fantastic. Everyone sounded just right. I still will give the ENG a go since it's probably just a matter of hearing it in context and getting used to it.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/14/149...sions-hands-on

To understand the depths of my excitement for Persona 5, one need only look at my review for 2012’s Persona 4 Golden. In my five years at Polygon and the dozens and dozens of games I’ve reviewed here, I have only awarded a score of 10 to two titles: Hearthstone, a game I have played very nearly daily since it was in open beta, and Persona 4 Golden.

Now add on to that the fact that Persona 4 Golden wasn’t even an original game. It was a Vita port of a 2008 late-life PlayStation 2 release with bonus content. It’s been almost 10 years since I played that original version of Persona 4, a game I instantly fell in love with and that pushed me to go back and discover previous titles in the series, as well as the broader Shin Megami Tensei franchise that it spun out from. Almost 10 years of waiting for a sequel, building up my expectations, hopes and dreams for what this franchise could accomplish on modern hardware.

Now, finally, after multiple delays, Persona 5 is actually almost here. I’ve now spent 20 hours with a final version of the game, making my way about two months into the game’s story and midway through its second dungeon. And despite going in with sky high expectations — perhaps higher than any game I’ve reviewed previously — so far I am head over heels with the follow-up that developer Atlus has created.
Exactly how I felt. I was worried it'd not be that good but it was way better than I expected. I still haven't fukking finished it, 135 hours in I want to finish it this week.... and I can't wait to start it right back up in a couple of weeks.

fukking work and busy schedule :mad:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UcpOyIe.jpg

adAfVi0.png

Icing on the cake :ahh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cot damn this game is FULLLLLLL OF BOSSSSESS! This last dungeon is fukking piff. Just lots of powerful enemies, bosses and bosses and bosses.

I literally just went through TWO boss battles, not even final boss, end of dungeon/game bosses but just mid dungeon bosses and then here comes ANOTHER boss battle after the typical screaming Vegeta taking L's type L moment and shyt gets all :damn: and BOOM another fukking powerful boss appears. :noah:

Lucky for me I literally blocked the last bosses every attempt to kill me as the Persona I got is eating phys attacks like Scooby snacks.

This game is fukking crayyzy son. Absolutely worth the fukking wait and I'm buying this shyt day 1 again. Easily the best JRPG in years. Super polished too. Best turn based JRPG battle system. It just flies.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Phantom Thieves>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scooby Doo cast of P4.

I like how the story is about crime and thievery and despite you and the gang trying to find justice in the world, the corruption in the world makes you out to be the bad guys.

Such a different contrast to P4's cast being mere HS kids meddling in affairs trying to find out whodunnit.

The themes of this game will surprise people; it's way darker than before. Like P3 was about death and time, P4 was seeking truth and bonding, while P5 is about bringing justice and reforming corruption.

It also helps that the way the game is rendered, the characters look more like adults/young adults rather than the characters in P3/P4. That alone makes the themes way more grounded and a lot of social commentary can be had from it. The characters seem more grounded too. They all have their quirks but nothing over the top and goofy. It also helps that they have their alter personas from the "other" world so that makes the protaganist>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yu(P4 main). Dude swagged out.

I can't wait to play this in English as there's a lot of parts where I wasn't fully understanding the intricate details/nuances. :

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lmao the joke sounded funnier in my head. I ain't hating just fukkkin around. :francis:

I'm actually pretty hype for this game now :manny:. Especially after FFXV failed to deliver to my own personal expectations.
I know im just unhinged :smile:

I gotta finish XV though It fell through the backlog