bro-franklin-o.gif

:ohhh: How?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Persona 4 Golden no lie. I loved the soundtrack and then I seent some African speaking it fluently online that motivated me.
It's never late it's not hard to learn.
I took Japanese in high school since I'm already fluent in Spanish and needed to take a language. Katana and Hiragana are beautiful. I wish I remember more of the language overall. During high school I had a decent understanding of the written language and could understand quite a bit of conversational Japanese. I used to practice my speech with a Japanese lady that worked at the restaraunt I worked at years ago. Now I don't remember a thing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I took Japanese in high school since I'm already fluent in Spanish and needed to take a language. Katana and Hiragana are beautiful. I wish I remember more of the language overall. During high school I had a decent understanding of the written language and could understand quite a bit of conversational Japanese. I used to practice my speech with a Japanese lady that worked at the restaraunt I worked at years ago. Now I don't remember a thing.
if you don't use it, you'll forget it. I use it every single day, since Dec 2014 I've been learning it by myself. I've learned 2053 Kanji, and know the kanas. I've been learning it hardcore as some would say, everyday I learn at least 10 to 30 sentences which I add to my SRS program(flash card but online). I've got like 4600 cards full of sentences right now and stuff which I pull from the internet, video games, song lyrics, books etc. I can write Kanji and read it but I'm better at reading than writing from memory. I'm aiming for 10,000 sentences which is a rough estimate of what's needed to attain fluency. 10,000 hours of immersion too. So all day I'm listening/watching stuff in Japanese from random youtube videos, music, audio from shows/anime I've watched and whatnot. That gets me used to the flow/rhythm of the language which helps you get that native "ear" and not have an accent. I've read some things to some Japanese folk and they've told me I sound natural reading and don't really have that foreign accent. I could've been fluent already, I didn't do what i'm doing as hardcore as the guy that documented his process.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
if you don't use it, you'll forget it. I use it every single day, since Dec 2014 I've been learning it by myself. I've learned 2053 Kanji, and know the kanas. I've been learning it hardcore as some would say, everyday I learn at least 10 to 30 sentences which I add to my SRS program(flash card but online). I've got like 4600 cards full of sentences and stuff which I pull from the internet, video games, song lyrics, books etc. I can write Kanji and read it but I'm better at reading than writing from memory.
Yeah it definitely requires commitment. I should have done what you did and immersed myself in the language and bought Japanese games and movies. I was more immature back then (if you can believe that) and didn't take it as serious as I wish now that I would have.