Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PC, Switch, PS4, PS3, 360)

llt23

All Star
Daps
I copped the original on 360 a while back. Can't say I really gave it that much burn. I'm a fighting game and Persona fan so this should be up my alley but I got some problems with it. Mainly it has to do with me being terrible at the game. When I can't get past the second or third trial for any character it's just way too frustrating. These anime fighters require way too much practice in order to get a halfway decent combo under your belt. When I gotta jump cancel twice in one combo to get decent damage I'm just :mjcry:

Sure they got the mash x for a free combo but that shyt is not satisfying whatsoever.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
I copped the original on 360 a while back. Can't say I really gave it that much burn. I'm a fighting game and Persona fan so this should be up my alley but I got some problems with it. Mainly it has to do with me being terrible at the game. When I can't get past the second or third trial for any character it's just way too frustrating. These anime fighters require way too much practice in order to get a halfway decent combo under your belt. When I gotta jump cancel twice in one combo to get decent damage I'm just :mjcry:

Sure they got the mash x for a free combo but that shyt is not satisfying whatsoever.

It's funny you bring up the mash x for combo thing this is my first Persona fighting game so when I did that I though I had it on easy mode like CVS2 where you could do special moves by clicking the analog stick in any direction I was like what kind of fukkboy combo is this but it's a legit part of the game.

As for the needing practice thing let me put that in perspective if you are 80s baby like me you been playing street fighter for twenty years so at this point it's all muscle memory for the most part you know any Capcom combo system like the back of your hand cause you been doing this shyt for so long but the Guilty Gears/Blazblue/Persona is a shock to the system since you starting from scratch it seems daunting but like any other game as long as you stick with it you will be able to hold your own in no time:blessed:

We Just have to take our lumps breh:yeshrug:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
It's funny you bring up the mash x for combo thing this is my first Persona fighting game so when I did that I though I had it on easy mode like CVS2 where you could do special moves by clicking the analog stick in any direction I was like what kind of fukkboy combo is this but it's a legit part of the game.

As for the needing practice thing let me put that in perspective if you are 80s baby like me you been playing street fighter for twenty years so at this point it's all muscle memory for the most part you know any Capcom combo system like the back of your hand cause you been doing this shyt for so long but the Guilty Gears/Blazblue/Persona is a shock to the system since you starting from scratch it seems daunting but like any other game as long as you stick with it you will be able to hold your own in no time:blessed:

We Just have to take our lumps breh:yeshrug:
threw the story mode in the bushes in the first version. didn't understand it, didn't want to

I'd join you in this version and show you that Mitsuru but I'm shrinking my gaming budget down for the rest of the year, for many different reasons

KI season 2 on the 15th too

tutorial and training mode were second to none in the vanilla version and i'm sure its the same here

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
threw the story mode in the bushes in the first version. didn't understand it, didn't want to

I'd join you in this version and show you that Mitsuru but I'm shrinking my gaming budget down for the rest of the year, for many different reasons

KI season 2 on the 15th too

tutorial and training mode were second to none in the vanilla version and i'm sure its the same here

I feel you breh I bought KI season 2 I keep trying to get into it but I'm having a hard time

I like messing with TJ Combo though I should try and learn him plus more characters may pull me in

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Play me and/or @HNIC973 in KI and we'll show you some things

my TJ is :wow:

Aight breh I will start messing around again

trying to learning Glacius I slept on him

What's your gamertag breh??

That new KI looks pretty meh, stiff and slow as fukk, especially in comparison to this piff.:scust: Talk about that shyt elsewhere.:camby:

My bad breh lol you right though Persona is a fast fluid game I said before I really like the character art/design My Aegis is putting in work:blessed:
Against the computer on normal:sadcam:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Aight breh I will start messing around again

What's your gamertag breh??

My bad breh lol you right though Persona is a fast fluid game I said before I really like the character art/design My Aegis is putting in work:blessed:
Against the computer on normal:sadcam:

Yeah, as much as I've loved Capcom fighters over the years, I think Atlus has now dethroned them on fluidity of movement, let lone other fighting mechanics. Like, despite as much as I liked the Fatal Fury/KOF games over the years since their inception and same with Mortal Kombat and damn near every other good fighting game to come out since SFII, I never thought any of the other games could fukk with Capcom's overall movement on some real shyt. Not KI, not Tekken/VF, not any other 2d fighters really. Every other game, in comparison felt just a lil off and stiff with their jumping/dashing/etc. But now since Blazblue and now Persona, I feel Atlus has totally nailed the flow of movement in their games and even has bested Capcom with it. Then you take into account all the other touches they put into their overall games, it got me now looking rather :scusthov: @ Capcom now (especially with all their other shenanigans over the last few years).

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Yeah, as much as I've loved Capcom fighters over the years, I think Atlus has now dethroned them on fluidity of movement, let lone other fighting mechanics. Like, despite as much as I liked the Fatal Fury/KOF games over the years since their inception and same with Mortal Kombat and damn near every other good fighting game to come out since SFII, I never thought any of the other games could fukk with Capcom's overall movement on some real shyt. Not KI, not Tekken/VF, not any other 2d fighters really. Every other game, in comparison felt just a lil off and stiff with their jumping/dashing/etc. But now since Blazblue and now Persona, I feel Atlus has totally nailed the flow of movement in their games and even has bested Capcom with it. Then you take into account all the other touches they put into their overall games, it got me now looking rather :scusthov: @ Capcom now (especially with all their other shenanigans over the last few years).

The closet fighting game Capcom has to Persona Ultimax movement is MVC series but what I like about this game is one combo does not mean auto death.

Factor in burst, instant blocking and other nuances of the Persona combat system and capcom can learn some things.

When was the last time you could say you really enjoyed the fighting game art from capcom? Third Strike? :ehh:Darkstalkers? :manny:Alpha 3 Max?:mjlol:

My dream game would have SNK Art from KOF13:wow: with a Capcom fighting game engine:feedme:

Or they could just fukking give me CVS 2 HD already:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The closet fighting game Capcom has to Persona Ultimax movement is MVC series but what I like about this game is one combo does not mean auto death.

Factor in burst, instant blocking and other nuances of the Persona combat system and capcom can learn some things.

When was the last time you could say you really enjoyed the fighting game art from capcom? Third Strike? :ehh:Darkstalkers? :manny:Alpha 3 Max?:mjlol:

My dream game would have SNK Art from KOF13:wow: with a Capcom fighting game engine:feedme:

Or they could just fukking give me CVS 2 HD already:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Actually, there are some instances for near auto death combos I've seen some combo vids and also, the challenge mode has some 9000 damage combos to pull off (to give you an idea how much damage that is, Elizabeth only has like 9500 points of health), but they're very situational (most require you to be awakened, which doesn't happen until you have less than 35% health) and quite difficult to pull off, save for some Naoto's Instant Kill combos (which are also situational to begin with in conjunction to her death counter moves, so you can't just start the match and pull off such a combo). THey're far from mahvel's level of occurrence for sure.

And yeah, the art style and overall vibe of the game has shyt loads of charm and PERSONA-lity.:myman::steviej:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Wanna cop but I need Smash Bros first, and of course, bills, andthis shyt is $60 :camby:

But I gotta see how the story pans out :sadcam:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Wanna cop but I need Smash Bros first, and of course, bills, andthis shyt is $60 :camby:

But I gotta see how the story pans out :sadcam:
The price stopped me too. I bought the game once, and I'm probably gonna double dip on DOA5U and Rocksmith for X1. If it was also ported over, maybe