Per Kotaku. Horizon Zero Dawn Is Coming To PC

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Smart move by Sony.
PC is not a competitor of consoles, they serve two different markets. And Sony is gearing up to collect bank from both.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Smart move by Sony.
PC is not a competitor of consoles, they serve two different markets. And Sony is gearing up to collect bank from both.

That’s what I initially thought but then again how profitable is the PC market? Isn’t it notorious for piracy?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
That’s what I initially thought but then again how profitable is the PC market? Isn’t it notorious for piracy?
Publishers have said piracy only affects the first week of sales.

That's why a lot of ports come out a few months after consoles. Offering this game now is just extra money plus hype for the sequel which is rumored to be a launch title for PS5

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Great news if you're one of those odd PC only gamers. Are they going to charge full price for it?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Smart move by Sony.

I woulda agreed with that...before steam and how easy it became to build a pc.

Long term I don't think this is a good move

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I woulda agreed with that...before steam and how easy it became to build a pc.

Long term I don't think this is a good move

What could be bad about this?
There will always be a significant console only gamer market, and console will always have a hold over the casual gamer because of three concepts: Simplicity, convenience and familiarity. Doubly so if Sony continues to require PC gamers wait a year or two after the game’s initial console release.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
What could be bad about this?
There will always be a significant console only gamer market, and console will always have a hold over the casual gamer because of three concepts: Simplicity, convenience and familiarity. Doubly so if Sony continues to require PC gamers wait a year or two after the game’s initial console release.
This.

Someone please remind brehs how many game consoles where sold in this last generation...

People, even with a healthy awareness of PC
gaming, are very much not going to move into the PC gaming world at all.

For years, PC gaming has claimed to have lower prices, easier manageability, friendlier than usual user interface, and the ability to do a nikka's college thesis on it yet that won't away minions upon millions of people.