People having kids before they acquire wealth is backwards thinking

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Is this the thread where we shyt on people because inflation and bad government policies destroyed their wealth earning potential after they had children

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most people are never going to build wealth quick enough to match their peak fertility years.
I've heard people call 'get money before you have kids' second hand genocide.
It is the notion that everyone can build wealth is misleading and impossible. The crazy thing is we can all build some type of family. Black people have been fooled you don’t hear other cultures really talk like this.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It is the notion that everyone can build wealth is misleading and impossible. The crazy thing is we can all build some type of family. Black people have been fooled you don’t hear other cultures really talk like this.
That said, other cultures are better at building wealth than Black people

At least in this current system globally

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes, everyone building wealth is a myth. But starting a 401k and spending somewhat responsibly is not a myth.

There are people who have kids that plan to live check to check for the rest if their lives, basically.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most people are never going to build wealth quick enough to match their peak fertility years.
I've heard people call 'get money before you have kids' second hand genocide.
This concept is somewhat true for a woman since she is aiming for early-to-mid 20s; however, there is no excuse for a man to not have several hundred thousand by age 30. At least enough for that house down-payment, some savings, and a starter-investment account. More advanced male earners should reach this milestone by late 20s.

The idea should be that he develops wealth prior to meeting her. And that she only chooses a man that has built that aforementioned wealth. Ideally her family structure would exert pressure on the woman to not pick the flashiest dude; but the most stable one. This is the established model in many(non-european) old world societies; but the concept seems to have been lost in recent years in the US. It is doable for most men. Certainly before age 30.

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I don’t necessarily think it’s wealth, but you should have solid financial foundations and be on a good track for a good, steady income as a man. I’m only now thinking I could have a kid soon because I’m in a great career and if need be, can support both if my wife’s health necessitates that she stay home for a while. People I know having multiple kids while both earning like 60k in this day and age? Bro what?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
blah blah blah, educated ppl lost, so how are they really educated? :mjgrin:
does education only exist in the vacuum of its institution? or can it be a thing without it?
Easy. Beleive it or not, Education only exists within the vacuum of an institution. A common theme in all the empirical sciences is the "peer review" ; the concept that even though your ideas may be novel, and seemingly erudite; they are incomplete (and possibly flawed) until a body of experts peer reviews them. This is to deal with possible oversights in your research or with undiscovered biases on your part. This applies to individual studies as well as your entire education. The idea is to purposefully tear apart and challenge your learning, so that if anything remains; it is the strongest and purest knowledge you could muster.

Its the equivalent of you doing two pages worth of math, but forgetting to carry a number 2 on page one; making your entire solution invalid. The institution rectifies this by finding that error early and alerting you.

Once you leave your institution, you leave the warm ebrrace of a sea of teachers/colleagues and become a ocean of one person. Such a person is Liable to make all sorts of errors in their "education".

Also, in regard to your friend, lemme note that highschool education does not in any way mean you are educated as a person because peer review requires a body of experts. Contrary to their name, masters degrees dont equate experts. Most highschools do not have "experts" on staff; hence why your high school friend got an A in highschool spanish; but is Spanish illiterate today.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Exactly, this notion of I’m going to build a war chest is a fallacy, folks have kids and maintain, but you will never sit on this large some of money, with today’s economics, those examples are few far and between, nikkas think they gon not drink Starbucks, and house flip their way into wealth.
my mother made damn good money working for the government, I’m almost at that and I’m a lot younger than she was when she started touching real paper, but my student loan debt is higher, and the cost of living is ridiculously higher now. Never mind the fact that the avg mofo doesn’t sniff 6 figures, so how you gon have all this money on deck, and a diverse portfolio of stocks bonds and property making 40-65k

other cultures have inherit advantages we don’t have, like government help, government loans, and favorable paths to education, never mind what their parents or grandparents pass down or have created when we couldn’t even dream of those advantages

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I don’t necessarily think it’s wealth, but you should have solid financial foundations and be on a good track for a good, steady income as a man. I’m only now thinking I could have a kid soon because I’m in a great career and if need be, can support both if my wife’s health necessitates that she stay home for a while. People I know having multiple kids while both earning like 60k in this day and age? Bro what?

there's mfs having babies with 1 income of $0 :francis:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Once you put yourself in a position to have to start “sacrificing” money and making tough decisions eventually the kid is going to get the short end of that stick. And you created a life that might go through some hard living.

And all for what? Because you wanted something cute that looks like you walking around?

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They have a head start and are taught financial literacy. All we’re taught to be is consumers and I hate it. But me having 2 kids and another on the way I know money doesn’t raise kids parents do. Of course you need to provide a home and all that but you better have some wisdom and advice for them.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I would say it's ideal to be financially stable before having a kid, but life isn't always perfect and shyt happens.

I've had friends who had their first kid in their early 20's, totally start to excel when the kid was born because that was a life changing factor. Also, the older you get the more established you get. But sometimes once you get established at a later age, you might not be able to even physically have a kid at that point. Non wealthy people raise kids all the time. shyt, a lot of us might have not been born if our parents insisted on being wealthy before having us. If anything some of us learn from what our parents did/didn't do plus with all the financial information accessible to us now and now know how to start building.